Cheapest 1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper insurance rates for your Mitsubishi 3000GT? Beginners to comparing insurance rates online may find finding the lowest-priced insurance to be a formidable task.
How to Compare Car Insurance Costs
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes and find the best price. The easiest way by far to find competitive 1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT insurance rates is to get quotes online. This can be done using a couple different methods.
The easiest and least time consuming way consumers can analyze rates is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This easy form keeps you from doing a different quote for each company you want a rate for. Filling out one form will get you price quotes from many national carriers. It’s the fastest way to compare.
A more difficult way to shop for car insurance online is spending the time to visit the website of each company to complete a price quote. For example, let’s say you want to compare rates from Auto-Owners, Progressive and American Family. To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
The least recommended way of getting rate comparisons is driving around to and from local insurance agencies. Buying insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the personal advice that only a license agent can provide. Drivers can get the lowest quotes online but still have the advice of a local agent and we’ll talk about that later.
Whichever way you use, ensure you are comparing identical coverage information for each price quote. If you have mixed coverages you will not be able to determine the lowest rate for your Mitsubishi 3000GT. Slightly different insurance coverages may cause a big price difference. Just remember that quoting more will increase your chances of finding a better price.
Lesser-known factors impacting Mitsubishi 3000GT insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Drive less and save money – Driving more miles every year the more you will pay for car insurance. Most companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Improper usage on your 3000GT can cost quite a bit. Ask your agent if your car insurance coverage is rated on the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Mitsubishi is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are quite a few add-on coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and term life insurance are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Being located in a small town has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. City drivers have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident.
- Your age impacts your rates – Older insureds are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations. Youthful drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
Discounts on Mitsubishi 3000GT insurance
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but some must be asked about before they will apply.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Good Student – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on insurance coverage on 3000GT insurance.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Mitsubishi can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers can possibly qualify for better insurance coverage rates on 3000GT insurance.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce your premiums.
For a list of insurers with discount insurance coverage rates, click here to view.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Is my 1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT covered for flood damage?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Car insurance policy coverages for a 1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Auto liability – This will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims like medical expenses, medical services and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
Collision – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your 3000GT caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a parking meter, driving through your garage door and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses for rehabilitation expenses, pain medications, dental work and funeral costs. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your 1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive insurance – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from flooding, hail damage, a broken windshield and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Spend less. Save more.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your 1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a small local company.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund and even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching insurance companies can be easier than you think.
The cheapest insurance is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information can be found by following these links:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors affect the cost of insurance for a 1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT?
Several factors can influence the cost of insurance for a 1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT. These include your location, age, driving history, credit score, coverage options, deductible amount, and the insurance provider you choose.
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT?
To find the most affordable insurance for your 1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT, consider the following steps:
- Compare quotes from multiple insurance providers.
- Opt for higher deductibles if you can afford them, as this can lower your premium.
- Take advantage of available discounts, such as multi-policy, good driver, or safety feature discounts.
- Maintain a good driving record and avoid traffic violations.
- Ask your insurance agent about any specific discounts or promotions available for your vehicle model.
Are there any specific insurance providers that offer cheap rates for a 1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT?
The cost of insurance can vary among providers, so it’s recommended to shop around and obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies. Some insurance providers that are known for competitive rates include GEICO, Progressive, State Farm, Allstate, and Nationwide. However, it’s important to compare quotes and coverage options to find the best deal for your specific circumstances.
Are there any insurance considerations specific to the 1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT?
While the 1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT is generally considered a sports car, its insurance rates may not be as high as other high-performance vehicles. However, factors such as the car’s age, condition, and repair costs can still impact the insurance rates. Additionally, it’s important to consider comprehensive and collision coverage options to protect against potential damages and losses.
How can I reduce the cost of insurance for my 1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT?
Here are a few strategies to potentially reduce the cost of insurance for your 1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT:
- Maintain a good driving record and avoid accidents and traffic violations.
- Consider bundling your car insurance with other policies, such as home or renter’s insurance, to qualify for multi-policy discounts.
- Install safety features in your vehicle, such as anti-theft devices, airbags, or an alarm system.
- Take a defensive driving course to demonstrate responsible driving behavior and potentially qualify for additional discounts.
- Review your coverage options and consider adjusting your deductible or coverage limits based on your needs and budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area