1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 12, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse are $902 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive costs an estimated $132 each year, collision costs $170, and liability costs $442. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $496 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $1,940. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $3,708 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $902
Rate estimates for 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range go from as low as $496 for just liability coverage to a high rate of $1,940 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences illustrate why all drivers should compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Insurance
No one in their right mind looks forward to paying for auto insurance, in particular when they are paying too much. Companies like Allstate and Progressive constantly blast consumers with ad campaigns and it is challenging if not impossible to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and take the time to shop coverage around.
It’s a good idea to price shop coverage periodically since rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the best price on Eclipse insurance a couple years back you can probably find a better price now. You can find a lot of wrong information about auto insurance online, so I’m going to show you some guaranteed methods to save money.
Discounts mean cheaper Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, buy you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but a few must be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less on Eclipse insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle on the same insurance coverage policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who attend school more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% on Eclipse insurance with select insurance companies.
- E-sign – A few companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will reduce your overall premium however.
Insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts include:
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts may not be available in your area.
Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance premiums are calculated by many factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. Understanding what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that can help you get better car insurance rates.
The list below includes some of the items that factor into your rates.
- A clean driving record saves money – Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Even a single speeding ticket may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get dangerous violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Men are more aggressive – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes cause accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are quite a few add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Things like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness and term life insurance may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
- What are your deductibles? – Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Mitsubishi from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, and burglary. The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less your car insurance will be on Eclipse insurance.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Do drivers who switch really save $408 a year?
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for the lowest price auto insurance from the likes of State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all make an identical promise that you can save after switching your coverage to them.
But how can every company make the same claim?
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that makes them money. For instance, a driver they prefer could possibly be between 25 and 40, insures multiple vehicles, and drives newer vehicles. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest rates and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Consumers who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile will be charged a more expensive rate which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “people who switch” not “people who quote” save that kind of money. That is how companies can truthfully make those claims.
That is why it’s extremely important to compare as many rates as you can. You cannot predict the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Parts of your auto insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the normal coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses for EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses and nursing services. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as court costs, structural damage and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Normally these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Eclipse caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as rock chips in glass, theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Don’t throw your cash in the trash
You just learned a lot of techniques to save on 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Lower-priced insurance can be bought from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read at these sites:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,431|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,542|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$53|
|5-yr Claim Free||$56|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$31|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.