Cheaper 2004 Acura TL Car Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 24, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest insurance rates for your Acura TL? Tired of being strong-armed each month for car insurance? You are no different than many other consumers. Companies like State Farm and GEICO persitently shower you with ads and consumers find it hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and do the work needed to find the best deal.
You should make it a habit to do rate comparisons every six months due to the fact that insurance rates change regularly. Just because you found the best price for TL insurance a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the tricks you need to know to buy cheaper insurance.
If you have a current insurance coverage policy or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers just need to understand the proper methods to compare company rates over the internet.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both well-publicized and the more hidden insurance coverage savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on insurance coverage for TL insurance.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more for TL insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Accident Waiver – A few companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers may receive a discount up to 10% for TL insurance.
- Good Student – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may trigger a insurance coverage policy discount because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Acura could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
For a list of providers with the best insurance coverage discounts, follow this link.
Comparison of Auto Insurance
Getting a lower price on 2004 Acura TL insurance is surprisingly easy. Just take a couple of minutes to get quotes from different insurance companies. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The single most time-saving way to compare a lot of rates at once is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This form eliminates the need for a different quote for every auto insurance company. A single form will return quotes from several companies.
- A less efficient way to get quotes online requires a visit to the website for each individual company to request a price quote. For examples sake, let’s assume you want to compare rates from State Farm, Safeco and Progressive. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
- The least efficient way of getting rate comparisons is to waste gas driving to and from local insurance agencies. Buying insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you require the trained guidance of a local agent. You can, however, obtain prices from the web but buy from a local insurance agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
Whichever way you use, compare exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits for each comparison quote. If the quotes have mixed coverages you will not be able to decipher which rate is best.
Acura TL insurance rates can be determined by these details
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Understanding what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower insurance coverage prices.
Shown below are some of the items that factor into prices.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Older insureds are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers. Teenage drivers have a tendency to be less responsible when behind the wheel therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – If you file claims often, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies give lower rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Sex matters – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Both sexes tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Liability insurance will protect you if ever you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Some insurers will give a discount to people who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, you still need to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Save money with special equipment – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance coverage. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Do drivers who switch really save $484 a year?
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for car insurance savings by companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies make the same claim that you can save if you move to them.
How does each company make the same claim?
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer that is profitable for them. An example of a desirable insured could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and chooses high deductibles. Any new insured who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who don’t meet the “perfect” profile will be quoted higher premiums which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save that kind of money. That’s why companies can state the savings. This emphasizes why you absolutely need to quote coverage with many companies. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings on Acura TL insurance.
Knowing the specifics of car insurance helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on most car insurance policies.
This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as court costs, loss of income, pain and suffering, legal defense fees and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills like funeral costs, ambulance fees and hospital visits. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your 2004 Acura TL.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane and vandalism. The most your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for collisions
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Power to the consumer
When you buy insurance online, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced full coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your 2004 Acura TL insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest premiums are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Budget-conscious insurance can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area