2000 Honda Insight Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2000 Honda Insight are $878 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs an estimated $116 a year, collision costs $162, and liability insurance costs $442. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $496 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $1,890 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $3,650 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $878
Rate estimates for 2000 Honda Insight Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2000 Honda Insight models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range go from as low as $496 for just liability insurance to a high of $1,890 for high-risk insurance.
These differences demonstrate why it is important for drivers to compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, rather than relying on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2000 Honda Insight Insurance
Are you overwhelmed by the wide range of car insurance company choices? Many other consumers are too. Consumers have so many options that it can turn into a real challenge to compare prices.
Consumers need to take a look at other company’s rates every six months since rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the best rates for Insight insurance a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Starting right now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re going to learn the only way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
How to Buy Insurance Online
Most companies quote coverage price quotes on their websites. The process doesn’t take much effort as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want into a form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system will obtain information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on these factors.
Quoting online streamlines rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit different websites and type in the same information can be a bit repetitive. But it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step in order to get the lowest possible prices on insurance.
The better way to compare rates
The easiest way to locate the lowest prices requires only one form that gets price quotes from several different companies. The form is fast, requires much less work on your part, and makes rate comparisons a lot less work. Immediately after you send the form, it is quoted and you can select any one of the returned quotes. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can simply submit the application and buy the policy. The whole process takes 15 minutes at the most and may result in a nice savings.
To compare rates now, simply click here to open in new window and begin entering your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter the coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this guarantees you will receive a rate comparison using the same coverage and limits.
Honda Insight premiums are determined by many factors
It’s important that you understand the factors that go into determining insurance coverage rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Where you live is a factor – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when buying insurance coverage. Fewer people means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers in populated areas tend to have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances translates into higher accident risk.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Careful drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Even a single citation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have serious citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – A driver’s credit score is a huge factor in determining your rates. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with poor credit. If your credit history is low, you could pay less to insure your 2000 Honda Insight by improving your credit score.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men cause accidents at about the same rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Honda Insight scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- Mature drivers pay less – Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers. Teen drivers are statistically proven to be more careless in a vehicle therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- One company can mean more discounts – The majority of insurance companies provide better rates to people who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you still need to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
- More miles equals more premium – Driving more miles in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your insurance coverage coverage shows the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect usage on your Insight may be wasting your money.
More discounts equal less premium
Car insurance companies do not advertise all their discounts very well, so we break down both the well known and also the lesser-known ways to save on insurance.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class in high school.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of insurers who offer insurance discounts, click this link.
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- If my 2000 Honda Insight is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Auto insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Insight resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as rolling your car, backing into a parked car and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering, funeral expenses and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as hitting a deer, hail damage and falling objects. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Honda Insight.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like ambulance fees, dental work, chiropractic care and funeral costs. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Never pay more for less
Low-cost 2000 Honda Insight insurance is definitely available on the web in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We just presented a lot of ways to lower your insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest premiums are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When shopping online for insurance coverage, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,389|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,500|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$51|
|5-yr Claim Free||$54|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$30|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.