2000 Mitsubishi Galant Insurance Rates – 10 Discounts for Best Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you a victim of an overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me, many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
Having so many choices, it can be hard to locate the best company.
Buying car insurance is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using this strategy. Nevertheless, vehicle owners can benefit from knowing how big insurance companies market on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every available discount very clearly, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Distant Student – Children who attend school more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less on Galant coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% on Galant coverage with select insurance companies.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
For a list of insurers with the best auto insurance discounts, click this link.
Slick advertising tricks that work
Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive continually stream ads on TV and radio. All the ads make the same claim that you can save after switching your coverage to them. How does each company say the same thing? This is how they do it.
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that is profitable for them. An example of a preferred risk could be a mature driver, has no tickets, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” will qualify for the lowest rates and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who don’t qualify for these standards will be quoted more money and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “people who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. This is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do. This emphasizes why it is so important to get quotes from several different companies. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
You may need specialized coverage
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- If my 2000 Mitsubishi Galant is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Car insurance specifics
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the usual coverages available from car insurance companies.
UM/UIM Coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Liability auto insurance – Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer, fire damage and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Medical costs insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for expenses such as EMT expenses, funeral costs, ambulance fees and hospital visits. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverages – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Galant resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Take this to the bank
The cheapest 2000 Mitsubishi Galant insurance can be purchased both online and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to compare insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
More information can be read on the following sites:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area