Cheapest 2003 Mitsubishi Galant Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest insurance rates for your Mitsubishi Galant? Locating the cheapest insurance for a new or used Mitsubishi Galant can normally be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier.
There are more efficient ways to buy insurance so you’re going to learn the proper way to price shop coverage for a new or used Mitsubishi and locate the cheapest rates from both online companies and local agents.
Consumers need to check insurance prices at least once a year since rates are constantly changing. Just because you found the best deal for Galant coverage six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the things you must know in order to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Locating the lowest cost insurance coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to reduce the price you pay and still get good coverage. Drivers only need to know the most effective way to compare company rates online.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but a few need to be asked for in order for you to get them. If you’re not getting every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may be able to get better insurance rates for Galant coverage.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application online.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will cut your premiums.
To see a list of companies with discount insurance rates, click here.
When might I need an agent?
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions might point out whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Should I rate my 2003 Mitsubishi Galant as pleasure use or commute?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses like ambulance fees, pain medications, X-ray expenses and hospital visits. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Galant caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, fire damage and vandalism. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Mitsubishi Galant.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things like court costs, loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Get your money’s worth
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices, high prices and policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
Cost effective 2003 Mitsubishi Galant insurance is available on the web and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional insurance coverage information can be read on the following sites:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for my 2003 Mitsubishi Galant?
To find the cheapest insurance rates for your 2003 Mitsubishi Galant, you can follow a few tricks. It’s recommended to check insurance prices at least once a year, as rates are constantly changing. Don’t rely on your previous best deal; there is a good chance you can find better rates now. It’s also important to learn the most effective way to compare company rates online.
Are there any available discounts for auto insurance?
Yes, there are available discounts that can help bring down the price of auto insurance. While some discounts are applied automatically, others need to be requested in order for you to receive them. It’s important to make sure you’re getting all the discounts you qualify for to save money on your premiums.
When might I need an insurance agent?
Choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles can be a complex task, and there is no perfect coverage plan that fits everyone. If you find it difficult to answer specific questions about your insurance needs or if any particular situations apply to you, it might be beneficial to consult with an insurance agent. An agent can provide personalized advice and help you find the best protection for your needs.
What coverages should I consider in my auto insurance policy?
Learning about specific coverages in an insurance policy can help you choose the ones you need, along with the proper limits and deductibles. Here are a few key coverages to consider:
- Medical Payments Coverage: This coverage reimburses you for expenses like ambulance fees, pain medications, X-ray expenses, and hospital visits. It can be used in addition to your health insurance or as a substitute if you don’t have health insurance.
- Collision Coverage: This coverage pays for damages to your Galant caused by a collision with another vehicle or object, excluding animals. You will need to pay your deductible, and the remaining damage will be covered by your insurance company.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Comprehensive coverage pays for damages to your vehicle caused by events other than a collision, such as fire damage, vandalism, or falling objects. Like collision coverage, you’ll need to pay a deductible before your insurance kicks in.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Insurance: This coverage protects you when the other party involved in an accident is uninsured or doesn’t have sufficient coverage. It can cover injuries to you and your family, as well as damage to your Mitsubishi Galant.
- Liability Coverage: Liability insurance covers damage caused to other people or their property in an accident. It does not cover damage to your own vehicle or injuries. Liability coverage is usually split into three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident, and property damage. It’s important to purchase adequate liability coverage to protect yourself financially.
How can I get the most value for my money when buying insurance?
To get the most value for your money when buying insurance, it’s important not to skimp on coverage solely to save money. While cost-effective insurance is available both online and through local agents, make sure you’re purchasing adequate coverage that meets your needs. Cutting corners on critical coverages like uninsured motorist or liability limits may lead to substantial costs down the line. The best strategy is to compare prices from different providers and choose the best coverage you can afford.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area