LTI LTI Altima Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 21, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you sick and tired of not being able to afford to insure your Nissan every month? You are no different than millions of other consumers.
Consumers have many insurers to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, it makes it harder to find the lowest cost provider.
Your Nissan Altima insurance rate is a complex equation
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that may reward you with better insurance rates.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Jobs such as lawyers, business owners and stock brokers are shown to have the highest rates attributed to high stress and long work days. On the other hand, occupations such as pilots, students and retirees pay the least for Altima insurance.
- Older drivers pay less – More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and get fewer tickets. Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when driving and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Small claims can cost you – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies generally give cheaper rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Your spouse saves you money – Being married actually saves money on your insurance policy. Marriage translates into being more mature it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Always keep insurance in force – Letting your insurance expire will be a fast way to increase your insurance rates. And not only will your rates increase, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state DMV.
- Liability coverage protects you – The liability section of your policy is the protection when you are found liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- One company can mean more discounts – Many insurers will award you with lower prices to policyholders who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still find a better deal by buying insurance from a different company.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart car theft.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Costs
When shopping for auto insurance there are multiple ways to get quotes and find the best price. The fastest way to find the lowest 2000 Nissan Altima rates is simply to get online rate quotes. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The single most time-saving way to get the best comparison quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This method eliminates the need for boring form submissions for each company you want a rate for. Filling out one form will get you rate comparisons from all major companies.
- A harder way to find lower rates consists of going to the website for each individual company and fill out their own quote form. For example, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from USAA, 21st Century and Liberty Mutual. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The hardest method of comparing rate quotes is to drive around to and from local insurance agencies. The internet eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you require the trained guidance of a licensed agent. You can, however, get prices online and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll talk about that later.
Whichever method you choose, double check that you are using apples-to-apples coverages on every quote. If you enter higher or lower deductibles it’s impossible to find the best deal for your Nissan Altima. Just a small difference in insurance coverages can result in a big premium difference. And when quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing more company’s prices will enable you to find the best offered rates.
Be sure to get all your discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but a few need to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall premium however.
For a list of insurance companies with the best insurance discounts, click this link.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions could help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2000 Nissan Altima is worth?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Nissan Altima.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Normally these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like rock chips in glass, fire damage, damage from flooding, theft and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things such as funeral expenses, court costs and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
This pays for damage to your Altima resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills for pain medications, hospital visits, rehabilitation expenses and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Smart consumers save more
When buying insurance coverage, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper 2000 Nissan Altima insurance is available online and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
You just read many ideas to reduce insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. They often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area