View 2000 Oldsmobile Alero Car Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Oldsmobile Alero? I can’t think of a single person who cherishes buying insurance coverage, in particular when their premiums are too high.
Big companies like Allstate, Progressive and GEICO constantly bombard you with ads and it is difficult to separate fact from fiction and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s important to get comparison quotes quite often since rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the lowest price on Alero coverage on your last policy you can probably find a better price now. Starting now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance coverage because it’s time to teach you the things you must know in order to save on insurance coverage.
If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. Finding the best rates is not that difficult. Although drivers can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to determine prices.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but a few must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies will give a small break simply for signing digitally online.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates when buying car insurance on Alero coverage.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will cut your premiums.
To see a list of insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts, click here.
Impacting insurance rates for an Oldsmobile Alero
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate prices.
- Pleasure use or commuting – Driving more miles each year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Improper usage on your Alero can cost quite a bit. Double check that your auto insurance coverage is showing the proper vehicle usage.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Liability coverage will protect you when you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. It provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- What are your deductibles? – Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Oldsmobile. A few examples of covered claims could be a windshield shattered by a rock, vandalism, and windstorm damage. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more expense you have to pay, the lower your rates will be on Alero coverage.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are many additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying auto insurance. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, accidental death and membership fees are some examples. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
Everyone needs different coverages
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions may help you determine if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Specific coverages for a 2000 Oldsmobile Alero
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the normal coverages available from car insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Liability coverage – Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things such as funeral expenses, repair costs for stationary objects, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses for prosthetic devices, hospital visits, doctor visits, X-ray expenses and dental work. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism and hitting a bird. The most your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Alero resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like rolling your car, colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
More choices the merrier
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
We covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on 2000 Oldsmobile Alero insurance. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the best price on car insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
Much more information about car insurance can be read at the links below
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area