2000 Toyota Camry Insurance Rates
Average insurance rates for a 2000 Toyota Camry are $896 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs an estimated $136 each year, collision costs $180, and liability coverage costs $428. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $478 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $1,922. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $3,644 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $896
Rate estimates for 2000 Toyota Camry Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2000 Toyota Camry models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range go from as low as $478 for the bare minimum liability coverage to a high rate of $1,922 for high-risk insurance.
These differences show why all drivers should compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, rather than using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Companies will appear below. Click here to view full page.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2000 Toyota Camry Insurance
Finding the cheapest insurance for a Toyota Camry can normally be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to find lower rates. There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance and we’ll show you the quickest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Toyota and obtain the cheapest rates from both online companies and local agents.
It’s a good habit to check car insurance prices at least once a year since insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the best deal on Camry insurance a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about car insurance online but with this article, you’re going to get some great ideas on how to buy car insurance cheaper.
Which Insurance Coverage is Cheapest?
Shopping for lower insurance coverage rates can be a lot of work if you don’t utilize the easiest way. You could waste a few hours talking about coverages with agents in your area, or you could use the web to quickly compare rates.
Most of the best insurance companies belong to a marketplace that allows shoppers to enter their policy data once, and each participating company returns a competitive quote based on that data. This saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for every insurance coverage company.
Recommended Companies for the Best Insurance Rates
To submit your quote information now, click to open in new window.
The single downside to comparing rates this way is you are unable to specify the insurers you want to price. If you wish to select specific insurance companies to compare, we put together a list of the cheapest insurance coverage companies in your area. Click here to view list.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you are comparing the exact same coverage information with each company. If your comparisons have unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be very difficult to make a fair comparison for your Toyota Camry.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every available discount very well, so we researched some of the best known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a qualifying organization may earn a discount on insurance coverage on Camry insurance.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Driver Safety – Completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of providers who offer insurance coverage discounts, click this link.
Factors that might impact rates for a Toyota Camry
It’s important that you understand the factors that help determine insurance coverage rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower insurance coverage prices.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. These vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Toyota earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder auto theft.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Many insurance companies will award you with lower prices to insureds who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – The deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. The more money you’re willing to pay, the less your insurance coverage will be on Camry insurance.
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When buying the best insurance coverage coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2000 Toyota Camry?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Buyer beware of car insurance advertising tricks
Drivers constantly see and hear ads for car insurance savings from the likes of Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all make the same claim about savings if you move your coverage to them.
How do they all say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that earns them a profit. For example, a desirable insured could possibly be over the age of 50, owns a home, and has excellent credit. Any new insured who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile will be quoted higher premiums and this can result in business not being written. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. That’s why companies can advertise the savings. This emphasizes why drivers should get quotes from several different companies. You cannot predict which car insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Toyota Camry insurance rates.
Car insurance specifics
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability insurance – Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability insurance covers things such as pain and suffering, attorney fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 2000 Toyota Camry.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Medical expense coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses for things like ambulance fees, nursing services, prosthetic devices and doctor visits. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as theft, a broken windshield, damage from a tornado or hurricane and vandalism. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage – This coverage covers damage to your Camry from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like colliding with a tree, crashing into a building and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Money doesn’t grow on trees
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund or even high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Lower-priced 2000 Toyota Camry insurance can be purchased online as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price.
More tips and info about insurance coverage is located in the articles below:
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
Find the Cheapest Quotes in Your Area
Get multiple rate quotes instantly and find your cheapest rate
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,749|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,506|
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$53|
|5-yr Claim Free||$55|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$31|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.