Cheapest 2000 Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Volkswagen Jetta? People new to comparing rates online might discover finding affordable insurance coverage nearly impossible.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes occasionally because prices trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates for Jetta insurance a couple years back you can probably find a better price now. Starting right now, ignore everything you know about insurance coverage because it’s time to teach you one of the best ways to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you have car insurance now, you should be able to save some money using this strategy. The purpose of this post is to instruct you on how to get online quotes and some tips to save money. But vehicle owners should learn how companies price insurance differently and apply this information to your search.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but some must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance coverage because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
Companies that may offer some of the above discounts include:
Before buying, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Savings might not apply in every state.
Elements that influence Volkswagen Jetta insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining your car insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better car insurance rates.
Listed below are some of the items used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Equipment add-ons that lower car insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- More claims means more premium – Insurance companies provide discounts to insureds who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safer cars reduce injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your Volkswagen Jetta is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as doctors, architects and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates because of high stress and lengthy work days. Other occupations such as scientists, historians and homemakers have the lowest average rates for Jetta insurance.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but men have costlier accidents. Men also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel. Youthful drivers have a tendency to be less responsible in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
Everyone needs different coverages
When buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if you could use an agent’s help.
- How high should deductibles be on a 2000 Volkswagen Jetta?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Car insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm regularly use ads on TV and radio. They all seem to say the same thing of big savings if you move your policy. How can each company make the same claim?
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that makes them money. A good example of a preferred risk might be profiled as between the ages of 40 and 55, a clean driving record, and chooses high deductibles. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest rates and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Drivers who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile must pay a more expensive rate which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. That’s the way insurance companies can advertise the savings.
This illustrates why you absolutely need to quote coverage with many companies. It’s not possible to predict which car insurance company will give you the biggest savings on Volkswagen Jetta insurance.
Auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for chiropractic care, ambulance fees and doctor visits. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance
This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical expenses, legal defense fees, attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Jetta resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer, hail damage, damage from flooding and damage from getting keyed. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
A penny earned…
While you’re price shopping online, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cost effective 2000 Volkswagen Jetta insurance can be sourced online and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund and poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right auto insurance provider can be easier than you think.
Additional auto insurance information is available at these links:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the different types of auto insurance coverages?
The main types of auto insurance coverages include medical expense coverage, liability coverage (for injuries and property damage to others), collision coverage (for vehicle damage from collisions), uninsured/underinsured coverage (for accidents involving insufficiently insured drivers), and comprehensive coverage (for damage from events other than collisions).
Can switching insurance companies save me money?
Yes, different insurance companies have varying preferences and pricing structures. By getting quotes from multiple companies, you can find the one that offers the best rates for your Volkswagen Jetta based on your unique profile.
How do I determine the right coverages for my Volkswagen Jetta?
The coverage you need depends on your specific circumstances. Consider factors like deductible amounts, coverage for all passengers, bundling with home insurance, coverage for pets, liability insurance requirements, claim settlement options, underlying liability for an umbrella policy, and the ability to pay claims out-of-pocket.
How often should I review and update my insurance policy for a Volkswagen Jetta?
It’s a good idea to review your insurance policy annually or whenever there are significant changes in your circumstances. This includes changes in your vehicle, driving habits, location, or any additional drivers in your household. Regularly reviewing your policy helps ensure you have adequate coverage at the best possible rates.
Can I add additional coverage options to my Volkswagen Jetta insurance policy?
Yes, there are additional coverage options you can consider, such as roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, and gap insurance. These options provide extra protection and peace of mind, but they will add to your premium costs.
Is it necessary to have full coverage for a 2000 Volkswagen Jetta?
The need for full coverage depends on various factors, including the value of your vehicle, your financial situation, and your personal preferences. Full coverage typically includes both comprehensive and collision coverage, which can be beneficial if your vehicle is still valuable or if you have a loan or lease that requires it.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area