Cheap 2001 Chevrolet Malibu Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for overpriced Chevrolet Malibu insurance can overdraw your savings account and put a big crunch on your finances. Doing a price comparison is free and is an excellent way to help make ends meet.
You have so many insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s nice to have a choice, lots of choices makes it harder to locate the cheapest rates.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to save some money using these methods. Nevertheless, consumers benefit from understanding how big insurance companies market on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Value of 2001 Chevy Malibu insurance premiums are calculated by many factors
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower insurance coverage prices.
The list below includes some of the items companies use to determine premiums.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Where do you drive? – The more you drive in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your insurance coverage policy properly reflects the correct driver usage, because it can save money. Incorrect usage on your Malibu may be wasting your money.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Did you know your insurance coverage rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations such as judges, architects and financial analysts tend to pay higher average rates due to stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations such as farmers, engineers and performers have the lowest average rates on Malibu insurance.
- Pay less if you’re married – Having a spouse can get you a discount on your insurance coverage policy. Having a significant other translates into being more mature and responsible and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. It provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that can waste your money on your insurance coverage policy. Coverages for roadside assistance, accident forgiveness and membership fees are some examples. These may sound like a good investment initially, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
How to Compare Car Insurance Costs
When shopping for car insurance there are multiple ways of comparing price quotes from local car insurance companies. The easiest way by far to find the cheapest 2001 Chevy Malibu insurance rates consists of shopping online. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
The first (and easiest) way to get quotes for comparison is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This easy form saves time by eliminating separate quotes for every car insurance company. Taking the time to complete one form will return quotes from car insurance companies with the best prices.
A slightly less efficient method to find lower rates requires visiting the website for every company you want to comare to complete a price quote. For instance, let’s assume you want to compare Liberty Mutual, Allstate and Travelers. To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular.
The least efficient way of getting rate comparisons is driving around to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to buy insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the personal advice that only a license agent can provide. However, consumers can compare the best prices online but buy from a local insurance agent.
Whichever way you use, double check that you are using exactly the same coverage information for every quote you compare. If the quotes have mixed coverages it will be impossible to determine the best price for your Chevy Malibu. Having just a slight variation in limits could mean much higher rates. And when comparing car insurance rates, know that obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting a lower rate.
Is there truth in advertising?
Auto insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO consistently run television and radio advertisements. They all seem to make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you change your policy. How do they all make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that is profitable for them. For example, a driver they prefer might be profiled as between the ages of 40 and 55, has no driving citations, and has a short commute. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred rates and most likely will save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who don’t measure up to these standards must pay a higher premium and ends up with the customer not buying. The ad wording is “people who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make those claims. This illustrates why it is so important to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s not possible to predict which company will fit your personal profile best.
How much can you save with discounts?
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the more hidden car insurance savings.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application online.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for better car insurance rates on Malibu insurance.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a driver safety course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Resident Student – Kids in college who attend school more than 100 miles from home and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premiums.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2001 Chevy Malibu?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- What are the best liability limits?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2001 Chevy Malibu?
- Does my 2001 Chevy Malibu qualify for pleasure use?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent.
Insurance coverages 101
Knowing the specifics of insurance helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverages available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft, hitting a deer and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Malibu resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability car insurance – This can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims like bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Medical expense insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as doctor visits, funeral costs, hospital visits and surgery. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to compare 2001 Chevy Malibu insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
When you buy insurance online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area