Cheapest 2001 Dodge Durango Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Dodge Durango? If you’re new to shopping for insurance coverage online, it’s easy to get overwhelmed due to the large number of companies offering coverage.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes periodically because insurance rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the best deal for Durango insurance last year other companies may now be cheaper. So just ignore everything you know about insurance coverage because you’re going to get a crash course in the tricks you need to know to find lower rates on insurance coverage.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using these techniques. This information will tell you how to get online quotes and some tips to save money. But drivers need to have an understanding of how insurance companies market insurance on the web and apply this information to your search.
Save big with these discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always list every available discount very clearly, so the following is a list of both the well known as well as the least known insurance coverage savings.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- One Accident Forgiven – A few companies will forgive one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on the same insurance coverage policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a civic or occupational organization may earn a discount when shopping for insurance coverage for Durango insurance.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less for Durango insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off for Durango insurance depending on your company.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount insurance coverage rates, click here.
How to Compare Insurance Rates
There are several ways to shop for Dodge Durango insurance, but there is one way that is easier and takes less work. You can waste a lot of time talking about coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you could save time and use online quotes to get prices fast.
Many insurance companies belong to an insurance system that allows shoppers to enter their policy data once, and every company then returns a price quote based on the submitted data. This saves time by eliminating form submissions to each individual insurance company. To get comparison pricing now click to open in new window.
The single downside to using this type of system is you can’t choose the providers to get quotes from. So if you want to select from a list of companies for rate comparison, we put together a list of the cheapest insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
Whichever way you use, make darn sure you compare the exact same quote information on every quote you get. If you enter mixed coverages you can’t possibly determine which rate is truly the best. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages can result in a big premium difference. It’s important to know that having more price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting the best price.
Dodge Durango insurance rates consist of many parts
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in better auto insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the factors companies use to determine premiums.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Driving without insurance is against the law and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If the Dodge Durango has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Dodge from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your auto insurance will be for Durango insurance.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Having a bad credit score is a important factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your 2001 Dodge Durango by repairing your credit. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with poor credit.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Even one citation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. If you have flagrant violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Do men or women drive better? – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Both sexes are in accidents in similar percentages, but the males have costlier accidents. They also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are a ton of extra coverages you can purchase on your Durango policy. Coverages like roadside assistance, better glass coverage and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO regularly use ads in print and on television. They all seem to say the same thing that you can save if you move to them. How can each company claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver they prefer to insure. An example of a profitable customer could be a mature driver, has no prior claims, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A propective insured who matches those parameters will get the preferred rates and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for this ideal profile must pay a higher premium and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads state “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do. This illustrates why you should get as many comparisons as possible. It’s impossible to know which company will give you the biggest savings on Dodge Durango insurance.
Insurance coverage specifics
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like theft, hail damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage covers damage to your Durango resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses for funeral costs, hospital visits and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability insurance covers things like bail bonds, legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Coverage on a shoestring budget
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on 2001 Dodge Durango insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price.
Cheaper insurance is attainable on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the purpose of this website?
This website is a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to provide objective and third-party information about various aspects of auto insurance.
Can I get free auto insurance quotes on this website?
Yes, you can enter your zip code on this page to use the free quote tool and compare quotes from different insurance companies. The more quotes you compare, the better chances you have of finding affordable rates.
Are the insurance companies listed on this website affiliated with the website?
No, we are not affiliated with any specific insurance provider. We strive to provide unbiased information and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
How can I save money on auto insurance?
There are several ways to save on auto insurance. One effective method is to take advantage of available discounts offered by insurance companies. These discounts can vary, so it’s important to check with the insurance company to see if you qualify for any. Additionally, comparing quotes from multiple insurance companies can help you find the best rates.
How can I compare insurance rates for my Dodge Durango?
There are different ways to shop for insurance rates for your Dodge Durango. One convenient method is to use online quotes to get prices quickly. Many insurance companies are part of an insurance system that allows you to enter your policy data once, and then receive quotes from multiple companies based on that information.
What factors affect Dodge Durango insurance rates?
Insurance rates for a Dodge Durango are determined by various factors, including your driving record, age, location, coverage options, and the insurance company’s underwriting criteria. Understanding these factors can help you make informed decisions when selecting auto insurance coverage.
Is switching insurance companies a way to save money?
Switching insurance companies can sometimes lead to savings, as different companies have different criteria for determining rates. Some companies may offer lower rates based on specific factors such as your age, driving history, or mileage. It’s recommended to obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies to compare prices and find the best deal for your Dodge Durango.
What are the different types of auto insurance coverages?
Auto insurance coverage can include comprehensive coverage, collision coverage, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, medical payments coverage, and liability insurance. Each coverage type serves a different purpose and protects against specific risks. It’s important to understand the details of each coverage and assess your individual needs to determine the best coverage plan for your Dodge Durango.
Can I get insurance coverage advice from an insurance agent?
If you have specific questions about insurance coverages or need assistance in determining the best coverage plan for your needs, it’s recommended to consult with an insurance agent. They can provide personalized advice and help you navigate through the various options available.
Can I find cheaper insurance coverage on a shoestring budget?
While it’s important to find affordable insurance coverage, it’s equally important to ensure that you have adequate coverage to protect yourself and your vehicle. Sacrificing coverage just to save money may lead to financial difficulties in the event of an accident or other unforeseen circumstances. It’s advisable to balance cost-saving measures with obtaining sufficient coverage for your Dodge Durango.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area