2001 Ford Escape Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 30, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2001 Ford Escape are $754 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive costs around $116 a year, collision costs $126, and liability insurance costs $376. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $426 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $1,608. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $3,082 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $754
Rate estimates for 2001 Ford Escape Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2001 Ford Escape models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range go from as low as $426 for just liability insurance to a high of $1,608 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences illustrate why it is important for drivers to compare rates for a specific zip code and risk profile, rather than relying on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2001 Ford Escape Insurance
Have you fallen victim to an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are many consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance. Numerous car insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to discover the definitive best rates possible.
Consumers need to price shop coverage once or twice a year because insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the best price for Escape insurance a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the best methods to find great coverage at a great price.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but less common discounts must be asked about prior to receiving the credit. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts as compared to bad drivers.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization may earn a discount when buying auto insurance for Escape insurance.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will cut the amount you have to pay.
For a list of insurers with discount auto insurance rates, click here to view.
How to Buy Insurance Online
Lowering your 2001 Ford Escape insurance rates can be quick and easy. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes comparing rate quotes online from several insurance companies. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
The single most time-saving way consumers can analyze rates is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This type of form keeps you from doing separate quotation requests to each individual insurance company. Completing one form will return quotes direct from many companies.
A more difficult way to obtain and compare quotes online is to manually visit each company website to request a price quote. For instance, let’s assume you want rates from Farmers, Safeco and Allstate. To find out each rate you need to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
It’s up to you which method you use, but double check that you are using exactly the same coverage limits for each price quote. If you have unequal deductibles or liability limits then you won’t be able to make an equal comparison.
Ford Escape rate determination is complex
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that can help you get big savings.
Listed below are some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are quite a few extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your car insurance policy. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, accidental death and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
- Your spouse saves you money – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on your policy. Marriage translates into being more mature it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Sex matters – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women have accidents in similar percentages, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Owning a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent auto theft.
- Big city or small town – Residing in a small town can save you money when buying car insurance. Lower population translates into fewer accidents. City drivers tend to have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. Longer commute distances translates into higher accident risk.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Credit score is a important factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers with poor credit. So if your credit is low, you could save money insuring your 2001 Ford Escape by improving your credit score.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Some insurers will give a discount to customers who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you may require specific advice.
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2001 Ford Escape?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do drivers who switch really save?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for car insurance savings by companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to make the same claim about savings if you move to them.
How can each company make the same claim?
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a driver they prefer might be a mature driver, has no driving citations, and has a high credit rating. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred rates and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who are not a match for the requirements will be charged higher prices which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. That’s the way companies can claim big savings.
That is why you need to get as many quotes as possible. Because you never know which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings on Ford Escape insurance.
Auto insurance coverage specifics
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft and damage from flooding. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto liability insurance
This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things such as emergency aid, structural damage, bail bonds, court costs and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Escape from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as damaging your car on a curb, backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle, rolling your car and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Ford Escape.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses for things like pain medications, X-ray expenses and hospital visits. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Be a smart shopper
While you’re price shopping online, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped full coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to lower your 2001 Ford Escape insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,188|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,287|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$42|
|5-yr Claim Free||$46|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$25|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.