Cheapest 2001 Ford Excursion Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper insurance rates for your Ford Excursion? People new to comparing rates online will discover shopping for low-cost insurance quite challenging.
Pricing the best insurance coverage coverage is not that difficult. Basically, anyone who has to buy insurance coverage will more than likely be able to find better rates. But car owners do need to learn the methods companies use to compete online because it can help you find the best coverage.
How to Get Insurance
Most major insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get pricing on the web. Getting quotes is pretty painless as you just enter your coverage information as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system will order your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote.
This streamlines rate comparisons, but the time required to go to several different sites and complete many quote forms is not the best way to spend an afternoon. But it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find a better rate.
Rate comparisons made easy
The easiest way to lower your insurance bill utilizes a single form to obtain quotes from a lot of companies. It’s a real time-saver, eliminates form submissions, and makes price shopping online much easier. Immediately after you send the form, it gets priced with multiple companies and you can pick your choice of the resulting price quotes.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can click and sign and purchase the new policy. The entire process can be completed in a matter of minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To save time and find out how much you can save on insurance, click here to open in a new tab and fill out the form. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will be getting a price comparison based on similar coverages.
Save on Ford Excursion insurance
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be asked about before being credited.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles on the same insurance coverage policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off for Excursion insurance depending on your company.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get better insurance coverage rates for Excursion insurance.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will cut the amount you have to pay.
For a list of insurance companies offering insurance coverage discounts, click here.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying proper insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
These factors can influence Ford Excursion insurance rates
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating your insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels enables informed choices that can help you get big savings.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if you are found liable for damages from an accident. It provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Your credit rating is important – Having a bad credit history is a big factor in calculating your insurance coverage rates. If your credit history is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2001 Ford Excursion by repairing your credit. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Driving your car without having proper coverage is against the law and insurance coverage companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, but not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent auto theft.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Ford Excursion has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
What car insurance coverages do you need?
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage – This will pay to fix damage to your Excursion from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Ford Excursion.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Most of the time these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as vandalism, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage, theft and hitting a deer. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Insurance for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses for X-ray expenses, hospital visits and chiropractic care. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability coverage – Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things like funeral expenses, attorney fees, court costs and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
A penny saved is a penny earned
In this article, we presented many ways to lower your 2001 Ford Excursion insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from a small mutual company.
Affordable insurance is attainable online as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Much more information about insurance coverage is available at the links below
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors affect the insurance rates for a 2001 Ford Excursion?
Several factors can influence the insurance rates for a 2001 Ford Excursion, including the driver’s age, driving record, location, coverage options, deductible amount, and the insurance company’s policies. Additionally, the Ford Excursion’s larger size and higher value may impact insurance rates.
Are there any specific features of the 2001 Ford Excursion that may affect insurance rates?
The 2001 Ford Excursion’s size, weight, and higher market value may impact insurance rates. Insurance companies consider larger vehicles to potentially cause more damage in accidents, which can lead to higher rates. The presence of safety features, such as anti-lock brakes and airbags, may help mitigate this to some extent.
Are older vehicles like the 2001 Ford Excursion generally cheaper to insure?
Generally, older vehicles may have lower insurance rates compared to newer models due to their lower market value. However, the Ford Excursion’s larger size and potential for higher repair costs may still influence the insurance rates for this specific vehicle.
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for a 2001 Ford Excursion?
To find the most affordable insurance rates for a 2001 Ford Excursion, it’s recommended to obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies. Comparing these quotes will help you identify the most competitive rates available to you. Additionally, you can inquire about any discounts that may be available specifically for larger vehicles or safety features.
Should I opt for minimum coverage to reduce insurance costs?
While minimum coverage might seem like an attractive option to save on insurance costs, it’s important to consider your personal needs and financial situation. The Ford Excursion’s higher value and potential for greater liability in accidents may warrant considering higher coverage limits to adequately protect yourself and your assets.
Can I qualify for any discounts to lower my insurance rates?
Yes, insurance companies often provide various discounts that can help lower insurance rates. Some potential discounts for a 2001 Ford Excursion may include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, anti-theft device discounts, or discounts for completing defensive driving courses. Contact insurance providers to inquire about available discounts.
Should I consider increasing my deductible to reduce insurance rates?
Increasing your deductible can lower your insurance rates, as it means you would be responsible for paying a higher amount out of pocket in the event of a claim. However, you should ensure that you can comfortably afford the higher deductible before making this decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area