Cheapest 2002 Ford Excursion Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Expensive insurance can take a big chunk out of your savings account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Comparing price quotes is a great way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Drivers have so many car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, it can be more difficult to find a good deal.
Buying car insurance is not rocket science. Basically, every driver who carries insurance should be able to cut their insurance bill. Nevertheless, consumers benefit from understanding how companies price online insurance because it can help you find the best coverage.
There are several ways to get quotes and find the best price. The fastest way to find the lowest 2002 Ford Excursion rates is to get quotes online. This can be done in several different ways.
One of the simplest ways consumers can make multiple comparisons is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This easy form keeps you from doing boring form submissions to each individual insurance company. Completing one form will return quotes direct from many companies.
A more time consuming way to find lower rates requires a visit to the website for each individual company and complete a new quote form. For example, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Allstate, Progressive and GMAC. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It’s up to you which method you use, but ensure you are comparing the exact same quote information with each company. If each company quotes mixed coverages it will be impossible to decipher which rate is best. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits can make a big difference in price. And when quoting insurance, remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps you find lower pricing.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
Companies do not advertise all available discounts very clearly, so here is a list some of the best known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may trigger a insurance coverage policy discount because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who are attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your policy for Excursion insurance.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums for Excursion insurance.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of insurance companies who offer insurance coverage discounts, click here.
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Ford Excursion
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that play a part in calculating your insurance coverage rates. Understanding what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better insurance coverage rates.
- Being married is a good thing – Being married helps lower the price on your policy. Having a significant other means you’re more responsible and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- Equipment add-ons that lower insurance coverage rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart auto theft.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Careers like doctors, executives and accountants are shown to have higher rates than average attributed to high stress levels and long work days. On the flip side, professions such as pilots, athletes and retirees pay the least for Excursion insurance.
- Small claims can cost you – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies give lower rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Who is covered when they drive my 2002 Ford Excursion?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Auto insurance specifics
Having a good grasp of auto insurance aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverage types found on most auto insurance policies.
Coverage for liability
This can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like funeral expenses, structural damage, emergency aid, bail bonds and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage covers damage to your Excursion resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like vandalism, hitting a deer and fire damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses such as chiropractic care, ambulance fees and dental work. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Stretch your dollar
When you buy insurance online, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate.
Cheap 2002 Ford Excursion insurance is definitely available both online and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest auto insurance rates for a 2002 Ford Excursion in 2023?
To find the cheapest auto insurance rates for a 2002 Ford Excursion, you can use the following methods:
- Use an all-inclusive rate comparison form that provides quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Visit the websites of individual insurance companies and complete a quote form for each company.
- Ensure that you compare the exact same quote information with each company to make accurate comparisons.
Are there any discounts available for auto insurance coverage?
Yes, there are various discounts available for auto insurance coverage. Some of the best known and more hidden discounts include:
- Good driver discounts
- Multi-policy discounts
- Safety feature discounts
- Good student discounts
- Military or veteran discounts
- Affiliation discounts (e.g., alumni or professional organizations)
Why am I paying too much to insure my Ford Excursion?
The cost of insuring a vehicle depends on several factors, including:
- Your personal situation and driving history
- The type of coverage you choose
- The deductible and coverage limits you select
- The location where you live
- The insurance company you choose Reviewing your coverage options and comparing quotes from multiple companies can help you find better insurance rates.
What are the different types of auto insurance coverage?
Auto insurance policies typically include the following types of coverage:
- Liability coverage: Protects against damage or injury you cause to others in an accident.
- Collision coverage: Covers damage to your vehicle resulting from a collision with an object or car.
- Comprehensive coverage: Pays for damage to your vehicle from events like theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
- Medical expense insurance: Covers immediate medical expenses for you and your passengers.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: Protects you if the other driver has no insurance or insufficient coverage.
How can I stretch my dollar when buying auto insurance?
While it may be tempting to lower coverage limits to save money, it’s generally recommended to purchase sufficient coverage. In some cases, opting for lower coverage limits may lead to significant financial burdens in the event of an accident. Instead, focus on finding affordable rates by comparing quotes from different insurance companies and exploring available discounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area