Compare 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper car insurance rates for your Mitsubishi Montero Sport? Beginners to shopping for insurance online will find finding the lowest-priced car insurance is more work than they anticipated.
Factors that can influence insurance rates for a Mitsubishi Montero Sport
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for insurance. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower insurance prices.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Not having insurance can get your license suspended and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage can result in a revoked license or a big fine.You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Drive less and save money – The more you drive each year the higher your rates will be. Most companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An improperly rated Montero Sport can cost quite a bit. Ask your agent if your insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- Being married is a good thing – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on insurance. Marriage translates into being more mature and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- One company can mean more discounts – Some insurers will give a discount to policyholders who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to shop around to ensure the best deal.
- Equipment add-ons that lower insurance rates – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder your car from being stolen.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies generally give discounts to people who do not file claims often. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Free Insurance Coverage Quotes
To find the best insurance coverage prices, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from local insurance coverage companies. The easiest way by far to compare 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport insurance prices is to get quotes online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The single most time-saving way to get the best comparison quotes is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form prevents you from having to do separate forms for every insurance coverage company. A single, simple form gets you coverage quotes direct from many companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A more difficult way to compare prices is spending the time to visit the website for every company you want to comare and complete a new quote form. For example, let’s say you want to compare rates from USAA, GEICO and Liberty Mutual. To get each rate you have to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The least recommended way to get comparison rates is driving to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the professional advice of a licensed agent. You can, however, compare the best prices online but still have the advice of a local agent and we’ll cover that in a bit.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you’re using exactly the same quote information for every quote you compare. If the quotes have differing limits you can’t possibly decipher which rate is best. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages may result in large price differences. Just remember that comparing more company’s prices helps locate the best rates.
Take discounts and save
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the more common and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a civic or occupational organization is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance for Montero Sport coverage.
- One Accident Forgiven – Certain companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
A partial list of companies that may offer these discounts include:
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not be offered in every state.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Car insurance coverages 101
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Mitsubishi Montero Sport.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive car insurance
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer and rock chips in glass. The most your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for liability
This coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as court costs, legal defense fees, loss of income, pain and suffering and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses such as funeral costs, ambulance fees, X-ray expenses, EMT expenses and hospital visits. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Montero Sport from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as backing into a parked car, rolling your car and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
As you prepare to switch companies, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Affordable 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport insurance can be sourced online in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
We’ve covered many tips how you can reduce insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area