Cheapest 2002 BMW 3 Series Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 13, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding low-cost insurance for your BMW 3 Series can be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to make it easier. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance coverage and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to compare rates on a BMW and find the cheapest rates.
If you have a current car insurance policy or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these techniques to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. Buying the best protection is simple if you know the tricks. Drivers just need to understand the most effective way to shop for car insurance online.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
Shopping for lower car insurance rates can take time and effort if you aren’t aware of the fastest way to get free quotes. You can spend your afternoon talking about coverages with agents in your area, or you could save time and use online quoting to achieve your goal.
Many insurance companies take part in a program where insurance shoppers submit one quote, and at least one company can give them a price based on that information. This system prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions for each company.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click here to start a free quote.
The one downside to using this type of system is you cannot specify which carriers you want to price. So if you prefer to choose individual companies to compare rates, we put together a list of companies who write car insurance in your area. Click here to view list.
However you get your quotes, double check that you are using apples-to-apples quote information on every quote. If you have differing limits it’s impossible to find the best deal for your BMW 3 Series.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize all their discounts very well, so we took the time to find some of the best known as well as the least known auto insurance savings. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who live away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when buying auto insurance for 3 Series insurance.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates for 3 Series insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% for 3 Series insurance with certain companies.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see a list of insurers offering auto insurance discounts, click this link.
Factors determining your BMW 3 Series insurance premium
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that help determine car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better car insurance rates.
- High deductibles save money – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be colliding with a building, damage from fire, or theft. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your car insurance will be for 3 Series insurance.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If your BMW has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
- More miles equals more premium – Driving more miles every year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your car insurance coverage shows the proper vehicle usage. If your policy improperly rates your 3 Series may be costing you.
- Lower rates come with age – Teen drivers are known to be more careless when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Being married can save on car insurance – Having a spouse actually saves money on your policy. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- If my 2002 BMW 3 Series is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Learning about specific coverages of insurance aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This coverage pays for damage to your 3 Series from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your BMW 3 Series.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like rock chips in glass, hitting a deer and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like attorney fees, medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like nursing services, surgery, doctor visits and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Best coverage at the best price
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on 2002 BMW 3 Series insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
Additional information is located at these links:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area