Cheapest 2002 Ford Expedition Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Ford Expedition? No one likes to overpay for car insurance coverage, especially when their premiums are very high compared to the value of the 2002 Ford Expedition.
Many car insurance companies vie for your business, so it can be tough to choose an insurer to find the best rates possible.
It would be best if you took the time to make rate comparisons once or twice a year since insurance rates change quite often. Even though you may have had the best rates for Expedition coverage two years ago, a different company probably has better rates today. There is too much inaccurate information about insurance coverage on the internet, so reading this article will learn the best ways to stop overpaying for insurance.
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using these methods. Finding affordable coverage is not rocket science. Nevertheless, drivers should learn how insurance companies market on the web.
These Discounts Can Lower Insurance Rates for a Ford Expedition
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may find discounts that you may not know about. Most are applied when you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be requested explicitly before being credited.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars with factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn a 10% discount.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared to more careless drivers.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less than insuring an older model.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a set period.
- Memberships – Participating in a civic or occupational organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for insurance coverage for Expedition coverage.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off for Expedition coverage with a few insurance coverage companies.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more of your medical payments premium.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Ford can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments, you could save 5% or more.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a discount of up to 10% for Expedition coverage.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like all those discounts mean the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your premiums.
To see a list of providers with discount insurance coverage rates, click here to view.
The most recommended method to get policy rate comparisons is to know that auto insurance companies will pay a fee to provide you with free rate quotes. You need to give them information like your general credit rating if the car is leased, your job, and the level of coverage desired. The data is instantly submitted to insurance carriers in your area, and they provide comparison quotes very quickly.
Different People Need Different Coverages
When buying the right insurance coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all plan. Everyone’s situation is slightly different, so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that might help determine whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Is my Ford Expedition covered if I use it for business?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
If you’re unsure about those questions but know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form, or you can also visit this page to select a carrier.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car Insurance Coverage Basics
Understanding your policy’s coverages helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous, and nobody wants to read their policy. Listed below are the normal coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Comprehensive protection – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as hail damage, hitting a bird, and damage from flooding. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so consider removing comprehensive coverage if the vehicle is not worth much.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and any damage incurred to your 2002 Ford Expedition.
Because many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision coverage – This coverage pays for damage to your Expedition from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible, and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pothole, driving through your garage door, and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also can choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical expense coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses like EMT, doctor visits, surgery, and funeral costs. The coverages can cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They protect both the driver and occupants if you are hit a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits:
- Bodily injury for each person
- Bodily injury for the entire accident
- A limit for property damage
You might see values of 25/50/25 which means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL, which combines the three limits into one amount, and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as loss of income, attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects, and court costs. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
In Any Little Way, Save Everyday
You just learned a lot of information on lowering your 2002 Ford Expedition insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better you’ll find lower rates. You may even discover the lowest rates come from the least-expected company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
When you buy insurance online, it’s terrible to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too often, someone sacrificed collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while protecting your assets.
Low-cost insurance can be found on the web and from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not provide online quoting, and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be found at these sites:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area