Cheapest 2002 Jeep Liberty Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better car insurance rates for your Jeep Liberty? Paying for high-priced Jeep Liberty insurance can overdraw your bank account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Comparing price quotes is a great way to tighten up your finances. With so many insurance providers from which to choose, it’s nearly impossible to choose the right provider.
Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are insured now or need new coverage, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Consumers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to shop for car insurance on the web.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Car insurance companies do not advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both the well known as well as the least known car insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Student in College – Children who live away from home without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Factors that can influence Jeep Liberty insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that go into determining car insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- No coverage gaps is important – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a sure-fire way to bump up your car insurance costs. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Your age impacts your rates – Young drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Adding a youthful driver to your policy can be quite pricey. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims and get fewer tickets.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Being located in a rural area can save you money when talking about car insurance. Urban drivers tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents.
- Equipment add-ons that lower car insurance rates – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies generally give discounts to people who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women cause accidents at about the same rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
What coverages do I need?
When it comes to buying coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2002 Jeep Liberty?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
Car insurance coverage specifics
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverage types offered by car insurance companies.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hitting a deer, theft and vandalism. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for hospital visits, ambulance fees, EMT expenses and rehabilitation expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Liberty resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Jeep Liberty.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses, legal defense fees and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
A tidy conclusion
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to shop for 2002 Jeep Liberty insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the most savings is with the least-expected company. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located in these articles:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I qualify for a discount on my car insurance?
Car insurance companies offer various discounts that may not be advertised openly. While some discounts are well-known, others are less known but can still help you save money. It’s important to explore and take advantage of all the discounts available to you.
What factors can influence the insurance rates for my 2002 Jeep Liberty?
Several factors can influence your auto insurance rates, including your driving record, age, location, credit score, and the coverage options you choose. Insurance companies also consider the make and model of your vehicle, such as a 2002 Jeep Liberty, as it may have specific risk factors associated with it.
What coverages do I need for my car insurance?
The specific coverage you need for your car insurance depends on your individual circumstances. It’s important to evaluate your needs and consider factors such as the value of your vehicle, your budget, and any legal requirements in your state. Common coverage options include liability coverage, collision coverage, comprehensive coverage, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, and medical expense coverage.
What is comprehensive coverage?
Comprehensive coverage protects against damage to your vehicle that is not caused by a collision, such as theft, vandalism, or damage from natural disasters. A deductible will apply, and the insurance company will pay the remaining cost up to the actual cash value (ACV) of your vehicle.
What is medical expense insurance?
Medical expense insurance, also known as med pay or personal injury protection (PIP), covers short-term medical expenses resulting from an accident. It can include hospital visits, ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses, and more. Med pay and PIP coverage may be used in addition to your health insurance or if you don’t have health coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area