2007 Jeep Liberty Car Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for low-cost insurance for a new or used Jeep Liberty can be difficult, but you can learn the following methods and make it easy.
There are more efficient ways to buy insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to compare rates on a Jeep and locate the lowest price from both online companies and local agents.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
Performing a rate comparison can be a lot of work if you aren’t aware of the fastest way to get free quotes. You could spend your day driving to insurance companies in your area, or you could use online quoting to achieve your goal.
Most of the larger companies participate in an industry program where insurance shoppers enter their coverage request one time, and each company can give them a price. This eliminates the need for quotation requests to every company.
To submit your quote information now, click here to start a free quote.
The single downside to pricing coverage this way is you can’t choose the companies to get quotes from. So if you want to choose individual companies to request quotes from, we have assembled a list of the cheapest car insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but compare the exact same coverages on every quote. If each company quotes differing limits it’s impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Jeep Liberty.
Don’t believe everything you hear
Drivers constantly see and hear ads for cheaper car insurance by GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the companies make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you change to their company.
How does each company say the same thing? This is how they do it.
All the different companies can use profiling for the right customer they prefer to insure. For example, a profitable customer could possibly be between 25 and 40, insures multiple vehicles, and has a high credit rating. A driver who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates and most likely will save when switching.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile will have to pay a higher premium and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently claim big savings.
Because of the profiling, drivers must get a wide range of price quotes. It’s impossible to know which company will have the lowest Jeep Liberty insurance rates.
Complexity of Jeep Liberty insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. Understanding what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Jeep from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Liberty coverage.
- Discounts for married couples – Being married can get you a discount on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Equipment add-ons that lower auto insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart car theft.
- Older drivers save more – Teen drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Having to add a young driver to your auto insurance policy can be very expensive. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Companies give better rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. It provides legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Safer cars get lower rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If the Jeep Liberty scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
Pay less for Jeep Liberty insurance
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before being credited. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a course in driver safety could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Jeep can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Own a Home – Owning a home may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck. But any discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
For a list of insurers with the best auto insurance discounts, click here to view.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- What are the best liability limits?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2007 Jeep Liberty is totaled?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance coverages for a 2007 Jeep Liberty
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive auto insurance – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding, theft and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Jeep Liberty.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Frequently these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Coverage for medical expenses – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for surgery, nursing services and prosthetic devices. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Liability coverages – This can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverage – This coverage pays for damage to your Liberty resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Have the Midas touch
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to get a better price on 2007 Jeep Liberty insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the lowest premiums are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Affordable insurance is definitely available both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area