Mercury Mercury Sable Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 23, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Nobody I know looks forward to buying car insurance, especially knowing the price is too high. Insurance companies such as Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm constantly bombard you with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to avoid their marketing magic and take the time to shop coverage around.
You should make it a habit to compare prices once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance rates change regularly. Just because you had the lowest price for Sable coverage two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. There is a lot of wrong information about car insurance online, so we’re going to give you some great ideas on how to slash your car insurance rates.
How to Get Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
All the larger auto insurance companies allow you to get prices on their websites. This process doesn’t take much effort as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. Once entered, the company’s rating system automatically retrieves reports for credit and driving violations and generates a price based on many factors. Being able to quote online streamlines rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit several different sites and enter the same data into a form can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it is imperative to do this in order to find better prices.
The easy way to compare rates
The easiest way to compare rates utilizes a single form that gets price quotes from many companies. It’s a real time-saver, requires less work, and makes online price comparison much easier to do. As soon as you send your information, your coverage is rated and you can choose any of the price quotes you receive.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can click and sign and buy the policy. It takes 15 minutes at the most and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
If you want to compare rates using this form now, click here to open in new window and begin entering your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. This ensures you’re receiving comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but a few need to be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If you don’t get every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Drivers Education – Have your child take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your premiums.
For a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts, click here to view.
These factors can influence what you pay for Mercury Sable insurance
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining the price you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower insurance coverage prices.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Driving a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance coverage. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – Driving more miles in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your insurance coverage coverage is rated on the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect usage on your Sable can cost quite a bit.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Mercury Sable earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Older drivers save more – Teen drivers are known to be less responsible in a vehicle so insurance coverage rates are higher. Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
- Your location affects your rates – Living in a small town can be a good thing when it comes to insurance coverage. Urban drivers tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Car insurance companies award better rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When buying proper insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Should I rate my 2002 Mercury Sable as pleasure use or commute?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings from companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads have a common claim of big savings after switching your policy.
How do they all make the same claim? This is how they do it.
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer that is profitable for them. For instance, a profitable customer could possibly be a mature driver, a clean driving record, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any driver who fits that profile will get very good rates and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who don’t meet the requirements will have to pay higher premiums which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
Because of the profiling, drivers should compare as many rates as you can. You cannot predict which company will give you the biggest savings on Mercury Sable insurance.
Insurance coverage specifics
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
This coverage covers damage to your Sable resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as driving through your garage door, crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle, scraping a guard rail and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property. It protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims such as attorney fees, emergency aid, medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like fire damage, damage from flooding, falling objects and theft. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills for funeral costs, dental work, EMT expenses and doctor visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
This coverage gives you protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Mercury Sable.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Normally these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Smart consumers save more
We covered some good ideas how to save on 2002 Mercury Sable insurance. The key thing to remember is the more you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Cost effective insurance can be sourced on the web and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
Additional insurance information can be found below:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area