Cheapest 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Insurance rates? Are you sick and tired of scraping the payments together to buy car insurance? You are in the same boat as many other drivers. With so many companies and agents to choose from, it is very difficult to locate the best insurance company.
You need to shop around for coverage at least once a year because insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Eclipse insurance a few years ago, there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Don’t believe everything you read about car insurance online, so I’m going to show you the easiest ways to find cheap car insurance.
Finding affordable coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a current auto insurance policy or need a new policy, you can follow these tips to find better prices while maximizing coverage. Vehicle owners just need to learn the most efficient way to compare rates online.
Where can I get cheap 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Insurance?
Finding a lower price on 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance is actually quite simple. All you need to do is take the time to get comparison quotes from different insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The easiest and least time-consuming way to find the lowest comparison rates is a comparison rater form. Click here to open . This easy form saves time by eliminating repetitive form entry for each company. In just a few minutes, this one form will get you price quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
- A more difficult way to shop for auto insurance online is to take the time to go to each company’s website and request a quote. For instance, we’ll pretend you want to compare Auto-Owners, Esurance and Allstate. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular.
Which method you use is up to you, but ensure you are comparing apples-to-apples information for every company. If you are comparing mixed coverages, it will be next to impossible to determine which rate is truly the best.
Do you qualify for a 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Insurance discount?
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every discount very clearly, so we researched some of the best known and the more hidden ways to save on insurance. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Student in College – Kids in college who are attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
What coverage do I need for a 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Insurance?
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different, so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you could use an agent’s help.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- How does medical payment’s coverage work?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Should I sign a liability waiver when renting a car?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out the quick form below for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything, and you can get the answers you need.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for car insurance savings from companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads make an identical promise that you can save if you move your policy.
But how can every company claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For example, a profitable customer might be profiled as between the ages of 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has a short commute. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates and, as a result, will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who are not a match for these standards must pay higher premiums and end up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “people who switch”, not “everyone that quotes” save money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make those claims. This illustrates why you need to quote coverage from many companies. Because you never know which company will fit your personal profile best.
2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Insurance coverage considerations
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverage types offered by car insurance companies.
This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like legal defense fees, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects, loss of income and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but its cheap coverage, so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Comprehensive car insurance
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft, hitting a deer, vandalism and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible, then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like hitting a mailbox, rolling your car and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage for vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payment’s coverage pay for bills like X-ray expenses, pain medications, rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses and ambulance fees. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Coverage on a shoestring budget
Budget-conscious 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance can be sourced online as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both, so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents. The aim is to find the BEST value of 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverage.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find companies that offer cheap auto insurance rates for a 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse?
To find companies that offer cheap auto insurance rates for a 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse, you can use our free online comparison tool. Simply enter your ZIP code, and you will be able to view a list of companies that provide affordable rates specific to your area.
How can I qualify for discounts on 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance?
Auto insurance companies offer various discounts that can help you save money on your 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance. Some of the common discounts include good driver discounts, multi-vehicle discounts, safety feature discounts, and loyalty discounts. It’s important to inquire with insurance companies about the available discounts and see if you qualify for any of them.
What coverage options do I need for my 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance?
The coverage options you need for your 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance may vary depending on your specific circumstances. However, it is generally recommended to have at least the following coverage options:
- Auto liability coverage: This protects you financially if you cause injury or property damage to others in an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: This provides protection in case you are involved in an accident with a driver who has insufficient insurance.
- Comprehensive coverage: This covers damages to your vehicle caused by incidents other than collisions, such as theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
- Collision coverage: This pays for damages to your vehicle resulting from collisions with other vehicles or objects.
How can I avoid falling for misleading claims of savings on car insurance?
Advertisements from car insurance companies often claim to offer significant savings if you switch to their policies. However, it’s important to remember that the advertised savings may not apply to everyone. Insurance companies have specific criteria for determining the rates they offer, and individual factors can greatly affect the actual savings you may receive. To ensure you find the best rates, it is recommended to obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers and compare them based on your specific circumstances.
What factors should I consider when shopping for 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance on a budget?
When shopping for 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance on a budget, it’s important to consider the following factors:
- Compare quotes from multiple insurance companies to find the most affordable rates.
- Assess your coverage needs and determine which types of coverage are essential for your situation.
- Consider increasing your deductibles to lower your premium costs.
- Look for potential discounts that you may qualify for.
- Consider the financial stability and reputation of the insurance company.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area