2002 Saab 9-3 Car Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper insurance rates for your Saab 9-3? No one in their right mind enjoys paying for insurance, in particular when the cost is too high.
Consumers have many insurers to pick from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to adequately compare rates.
This information will familiarize you with how car insurance quotes work and some money-saving tips. If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to save some money using these techniques. Although drivers do need to know how companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Discounts on Saab 9-3 insurance
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course in driver safety could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive reduced rates on 9-3 coverage.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers can save substantially as compared to frequent claim filers.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your premiums.
To see a list of providers with the best insurance discounts, click here to view.
These factors can influence Saab 9-3 insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the factors that go into determining auto insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates enables informed choices that could result in better auto insurance rates.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Saab 9-3 has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are quite a few extra coverages that you can buy on your 9-3 policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage and term life insurance are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Careers like lawyers, executives and dentists have the highest average rates because of high stress levels and lengthy work days. Other jobs such as scientists, historians and retirees get better rates on 9-3 coverage.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Driving with no insurance is illegal and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance expire. And not only will your rates increase, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Big city or small town – Living in less populated areas is a positive aspect when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Better credit means lower rates – Your credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. So if your credit is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2002 Saab 9-3 by improving your credit score. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions could help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Auto insurance coverage basics
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Liability coverages – This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as funeral expenses, court costs and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverages – This coverage covers damage to your 9-3 caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive coverage – This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as theft, vandalism and hail damage. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like funeral costs, prosthetic devices, rehabilitation expenses and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Saab 9-3.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Money doesn’t grow on trees
The cheapest 2002 Saab 9-3 insurance can be purchased online in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance coverage companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We covered a lot of information how to shop for insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area