Cheapest 2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower auto insurance rates for your Volkswagen Cabrio? Perplexed by the crazy number of auto insurance company choices? You have a lot of company. People have so many options available that it can quickly become a lot of work to find lower rates.
If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to save some money using these methods. Finding affordable insurance coverage coverage is not that difficult. But consumers can benefit by having an understanding of the methods companies use to sell online and use this information to your advantage.
Take advantage of discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but companies offer discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Volkswagen can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house may trigger a insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Drivers Education – Have your child complete a driver education course in high school.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce your premiums.
Car insurance companies who might offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not be offered in every state.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. All the companies make the same claim about savings if you switch your policy. But how can every company make the same claim?
Different companies can use profiling for the driver that makes them money. For example, a desirable insured might be profiled as between the ages of 40 and 55, has no driving citations, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any new insured who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who don’t qualify for these standards will be charged a more expensive rate which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads state “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save that much. That’s the way companies can make those claims.
That is why it’s extremely important to compare as many rates as you can. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings on Volkswagen Cabrio insurance.
Specific coverage details
Having a good grasp of car insurance aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hail damage, a broken windshield, fire damage, rock chips in glass and hitting a bird. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability coverage – Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things such as pain and suffering, funeral expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
UM/UIM Coverage – This gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Frequently these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage covers damage to your Cabrio resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things like backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical costs insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses such as EMT expenses, hospital visits, ambulance fees, X-ray expenses and nursing services. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
In the end, you save
You just learned a lot of tips how to reduce 2002 Volkswagen Cabrio insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the best prices are with a small mutual company.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, poor customer service, policy cancellation or extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
Cost effective insurance can be sourced on the web and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer online quoting and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Much more information about insurance coverage can be read below:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some methods to find lower auto insurance rates?
There are several methods you can use to find lower auto insurance rates for your Volkswagen Cabrio:
- Shop around and compare quotes: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies to compare rates and coverage options. Online comparison tools and websites can make this process easier and more convenient.
- Take advantage of discounts: Inquire about available discounts offered by insurance companies. These discounts can vary but may include safe driver discounts, good student discounts, multi-policy discounts, and discounts for safety features installed in your vehicle.
- Consider increasing deductibles: Opting for a higher deductible can lower your insurance premiums. However, it’s important to ensure you can comfortably afford the deductible amount in the event of a claim.
- Maintain a good credit score: Insurance companies often consider credit scores when determining rates. By maintaining a good credit score, you may be eligible for lower insurance premiums.
- Bundle policies: If you have multiple insurance policies, such as auto and home insurance, consider bundling them with the same insurance provider. Insurance companies often offer discounts for bundling policies.
How can I determine if I need help in buying proper insurance coverage for my vehicles?
If you’re unsure about buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, consider the following factors:
- Knowledge of insurance needs: Assess your understanding of insurance coverage and your specific needs. If you’re unfamiliar with the types of coverage available, their benefits, and how they apply to your situation, seeking help from an insurance professional can be beneficial.
- Awareness of coverage options: Evaluate your familiarity with the different types of coverage options, such as liability, collision, comprehensive, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, and medical payments. If you’re unsure about which coverages are necessary or recommended for your vehicles, consulting with an insurance agent can provide clarity.
- Understanding coverage limits: Determining appropriate coverage limits can be complex. If you’re uncertain about the adequate coverage limits for your vehicles, an insurance agent can assess your needs and help you select suitable limits based on your budget and level of risk tolerance.
If you find it challenging to answer these questions or if you have concerns about making the right choices regarding insurance coverage, it’s advisable to seek assistance from a licensed insurance agent who can provide expert advice tailored to your specific needs.
How can companies claim to offer savings if you switch your policy?
Insurance companies often advertise savings if you switch your policy to their company. However, these claims are based on the profiling of drivers that make them money. Each company has its own criteria for desirable insured individuals, such as specific age ranges, driving record, and mileage. Drivers who meet these criteria are more likely to qualify for the lowest rates and can save money by switching.
How can I save on my 2002 Volkswagen Cabrio insurance?
To save on your 2002 Volkswagen Cabrio insurance, you can consider the following:
- Take advantage of discounts offered by insurance companies.
- Shop around and compare quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Consider increasing deductibles.
- Evaluate your coverage needs and adjust them accordingly.
- Maintain a good driving record.
- Bundle your auto insurance with other policies, such as home insurance.
- Maintain a good credit score.
By implementing these strategies, you may be able to find more affordable insurance rates for your Volkswagen Cabrio.
What are some specific coverage details I should be aware of?
Understanding car insurance coverage terms is important when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Here are a few key coverage terms:
- Comprehensive coverage: Pays for damage to your vehicle caused by incidents other than collisions, such as hail damage, theft, or vandalism.
- Liability coverage: Covers damages or injuries you cause to others in an accident. It includes bodily injury liability and property damage liability.
- UM/UIM coverage: Provides protection if you’re involved in an accident with a driver who has insufficient or no insurance coverage.
- Collision coverage: Covers damage to your vehicle caused by a collision with another object or vehicle.
- Medical payments coverage: Pays for medical expenses for you and your passengers in the event of an accident.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area