Cheapest 2004 Chevrolet Blazer Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you tired of scraping the payment together to buy car insurance? Your situation is no different than millions of other consumers. Many car insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company and get the definite lowest rate possible.
Consumers need to compare rates yearly because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the lowest rates for Blazer coverage a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. There is a lot of bad information regarding car insurance online, so I’m going to show you some tested techniques to reduce your car insurance bill.
How to reduce Chevy Blazer insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but less common discounts must be asked about prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Accident Waiver – A few companies permit an accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will help reduce the cost of coverage.
Insurance companies who might offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your area.
Chevy Blazer premiums are determined by many factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces that factor into premiums.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Being located in a rural area can save you money when talking about auto insurance. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers who live in large cities have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. More time commuting translates into higher accident risk.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Many insurance companies provide better rates to customers who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to 10 percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your Chevy Blazer is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Mature drivers pay less – Young drivers have a tendency to be less responsible when behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- Discounts for married couples – Getting married actually saves money on your policy. It translates into being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my 2004 Chevy Blazer covered for smoke damage?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
The insurance coverage bait and switch
Consumers can’t get away from ads for car insurance savings from companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all make an identical promise that you can save if you switch your policy.
How do they all make almost identical claims?
All companies can use profiling for the right customer that makes them money. A good example of a profitable customer might be profiled as a mature driver, a clean driving record, and has a short commute. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” is entitled to the best price and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile must pay higher rates and ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can claim big savings.
This illustrates why it’s extremely important to compare as many rates as you can. Because you never know the company that will provide you with the cheapest Chevy Blazer insurance rates.
Insurance coverages explained
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverages available from insurance companies.
Medical expense coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like nursing services, dental work, pain medications and funeral costs. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as court costs, loss of income, bail bonds and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Blazer.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird and vandalism. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Quote more, save more
Cost effective 2004 Chevy Blazer insurance is possible on the web as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
We just presented many tips how you can lower your insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest premiums are with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors affect the insurance rates for a 2004 Chevrolet Blazer?
Several factors influence insurance rates for a 2004 Chevrolet Blazer, such as the driver’s age, location, driving history, and the level of coverage chosen.
Can the condition or modifications of a 2004 Chevrolet Blazer impact insurance rates?
The condition or modifications of a 2004 Chevrolet Blazer can potentially affect insurance rates, as certain modifications might increase the vehicle’s value or risk.
Is it possible to lower insurance rates for a 2004 Chevrolet Blazer?
Yes, it’s possible to lower insurance rates for a 2004 Chevrolet Blazer. Maintaining a clean driving record, bundling insurance policies, and taking advantage of available discounts can help reduce premiums.
Are there any specific insurance companies known for offering affordable rates on 2004 Chevrolet Blazers?
Yes, one insurance company that is known for offering affordable rates on 2004 Chevrolet Blazers is Progressive. Progressive is recognized for its competitive rates and comprehensive coverage options.
Can a defensive driving course help lower insurance rates for a 2004 Chevrolet Blazer?
Taking a defensive driving course may qualify you for a discount with certain insurance companies, potentially reducing insurance rates for your 2004 Chevrolet Blazer.
What should I consider when selecting insurance coverage for a 2004 Chevrolet Blazer?
When choosing insurance coverage for a 2004 Chevrolet Blazer, consider factors such as your budget, desired level of coverage, deductible amount, and any additional options you may require.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area