Ford Ford Escape Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 30, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Expensive insurance can take a big chunk out of your savings account and put a big crunch on your finances. Doing a price comparison is free and is an excellent way to cut your insurance bill.
Drivers have multiple insurance companies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, it makes it harder to compare company pricing.
Compare Insurance Coverage Today
There are several ways to compare quotes from local insurance coverage companies. The quickest method to compare 2004 Ford Escape insurance prices is to use the internet to compare rates. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The recommended way to find the lowest comparison rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This easy form keeps you from doing multiple quote forms for each company you want a rate for. One simple form gets rate comparisons from several companies.
- A less efficient way to compare prices is going to each company’s website and complete a new quote form. For sake of this example, let’s say you want rates from Liberty Mutual, 21st Century and GEICO. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make darn sure you compare the exact same coverage limits and deductibles for every quote you compare. If the quotes have unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be very difficult to decipher which rate is best. Just a small difference in coverages could mean much higher rates. Keep in mind that more quotes will increase your chances of finding the best rates.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Auto insurance providers like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads on TV and radio. They all have a common claim that you’ll save big after switching to them. How can each company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies can use profiling for the type of customer that is profitable for them. An example of a preferred risk could possibly be over the age of 40, has no tickets, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any driver that hits that “sweet spot” will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who don’t qualify for these standards must pay higher rates and ends up with the customer not buying. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. This is how companies can truthfully state the savings. This illustrates why drivers must get as many comparisons as possible. You cannot predict which auto insurance company will have the lowest Ford Escape insurance rates.
Do you qualify for these nine discounts?
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums on Escape coverage.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application over the internet.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Car insurance companies who might offer these discounts include:
- Farm Bureau
- American Family
- State Farm
It’s a good idea to ask each company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply in every state.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2004 Ford Escape is totaled?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverage specifics
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
Liability coverages – Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability insurance covers things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses such as pain medications, surgery, ambulance fees and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverages – This will pay to fix damage to your Escape from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hitting a bird, a broken windshield, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and vandalism. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Ford Escape.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Better coverage you can count on
In this article, we covered many ideas to save on 2004 Ford Escape insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with the smaller companies. Smaller companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When shopping online for car insurance, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an insured dropped full coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area