Ford Ford Escape Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 30, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one in their right mind looks forward to paying for auto insurance, especially when their premiums are through the roof.
There are many insurers to insure vehicles with, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, having more car insurance companies makes it harder to find the lowest rates.
It’s a great practice to price shop coverage occasionally because insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the best deal on Escape insurance a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Starting now, forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in how to use the internet to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Finding more affordable insurance coverage coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. Just about every driver who shops for insurance coverage should be able to find lower rates. Although consumers need to learn how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
Cut your premium with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off on Escape insurance with certain companies.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a driver safety course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more on Escape insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will cut your premiums.
Companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- American Family
Before buying, ask each company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your area.
Why your Ford Escape insurance rates may be high
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. Knowing what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in big savings.
- Mature drivers pay less – Teenage drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Men and women tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but the males have costlier accidents. They also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are the most expensive to insure and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Many companies will award you with lower prices to insureds who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage when a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions may help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Does my 2006 Ford Escape need full coverage?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Is there deception in advertising?
Allstate and Progressive continually stream ads in print and on television. All the companies say the same thing that you’ll save big after switching to their company. But how can every company make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that makes them money. For example, a driver they prefer could possibly be over the age of 50, has no driving citations, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A prospective insured who meets those qualifications will get very good rates and as a result will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who are not a match for these standards must pay a higher premium which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That is how insurance companies can make the claims of big savings.
This illustrates why you need to get a wide range of price quotes. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest Ford Escape insurance rates.
Car insurance specifics
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the usual coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Medical costs insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills like dental work, pain medications, ambulance fees and funeral costs. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision – This pays for damage to your Escape resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
UM/UIM Coverage – This gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2006 Ford Escape.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Frequently these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Auto liability – This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as funeral expenses, structural damage and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage and hitting a bird. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
A little work can save a LOT of money
We just showed you a lot of tips how to get a better price on 2006 Ford Escape insurance. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
The cheapest insurance can be purchased both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some insurance coverage companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area