Cheapest 2004 Ford Taurus Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 3, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better insurance coverage rates for your Ford Taurus? Scraping up a payment for overpriced Ford Taurus insurance can empty your checking account and force you to make sacrifices. Doing a price comparison is a smart way to cut your insurance bill.
Multiple insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies to discover the definitive lowest cost out there.
If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using this strategy. Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. But vehicle owners must comprehend how companies sell insurance online and use this information to your advantage.
The quickest method we recommend to get rate comparisons utilizes the fact most insurance companies allow for online access to give rate comparisons. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like if the vehicle is leased, coverage limits, if you require a SR-22, and your education level. The data is then sent to many different companies and they return quotes very quickly.
More discounts equal less premium
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both the well known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who attend school more than 100 miles from home and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more on Taurus coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive reduced rates on Taurus coverage.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a driver safety course can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance coverage policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of companies with the best insurance coverage discounts, click this link.
Factors determining your Ford Taurus insurance premium
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better car insurance rates.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Marriage brings a discount – Being married can actually save you money on your policy. It means you’re more mature and responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- An active claims history can cost you – Companies award lower rates to drivers who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Your location is important – Choosing to live in less populated areas is a positive aspect when buying car insurance. City drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – Having a bad credit rating is a important factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your 2004 Ford Taurus by improving your rating.
- Sex matters – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage. Men also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Drive less and save money – The more miles you rack up on your Ford in a year’s time the more you will pay for car insurance. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your Taurus can result in significantly higher rates. Verify your car insurance policy is showing how each vehicle is driven.
- Little extras can really add up – There are a lot of extra coverages that can waste your money on your Taurus policy. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment at first, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
It’s not one size fits all
When buying the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Save $384 a year. For real?
Companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. All the ads make the same claim about savings if you switch to them. How does each company claim to save you money?
Different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that makes them money. A good example of a desirable insured might be profiled as over the age of 50, owns a home, and has a short commute. Any driver who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and as a result will probably save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who don’t measure up to these standards will be charged a higher premium which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That’s why companies can state the savings. That is why drivers should quote coverage with many companies. Because you never know which insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Ford Taurus insurance rates.
Learn about auto insurance coverages for a Ford Taurus
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield and damage from flooding. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Taurus resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses like prosthetic devices, hospital visits, funeral costs and dental work. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Ford Taurus.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability can pay for things like bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Have the Midas touch
You just read many ways to compare 2004 Ford Taurus insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may discover the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies. They may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Cost effective insurance is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
More detailed car insurance information is located by following these links:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
Are 2004 Ford Taurus vehicles generally expensive to insure?
Insurance rates for 2004 Ford Taurus vehicles can vary depending on several factors. The Ford Taurus is a mid-size sedan known for its reliability and safety features. Generally, sedans tend to have lower insurance rates compared to larger vehicles such as SUVs or trucks. However, the specific rate can depend on other factors such as the driver’s age, location, driving history, and the level of coverage chosen.
What factors influence the insurance rates for a 2004 Ford Taurus?
Several factors can impact the insurance rates for a 2004 Ford Taurus, including the driver’s age, location, driving history, credit score, and the level of coverage chosen. Additionally, the car’s value, repair costs, safety features, and the likelihood of theft or accidents associated with the model may also influence the rates.
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for a 2004 Ford Taurus?
To find the most affordable insurance rates for a 2004 Ford Taurus, consider the following steps:
- Shop around and obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare rates.
- Opt for higher deductibles, which can lower your premiums.
- Maintain a good driving record and take defensive driving courses to potentially qualify for discounts.
- Inquire about any available discounts, such as multi-policy or safe driver discounts.
- Consider installing safety features or anti-theft devices that may result in lower insurance premiums.
- Evaluate different coverage options and select one that suits your needs while balancing the cost.
Are there any specific insurance companies known for offering competitive rates for a 2004 Ford Taurus?
Insurance rates can vary between companies, and the competitiveness of rates may change over time. It is recommended to request quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare rates specifically for a 2004 Ford Taurus. Some well-known insurance companies with a reputation for competitive rates in the sedan segment include GEICO, Progressive, State Farm, Allstate, and Farmers Insurance.
Can I reduce insurance costs by downgrading the coverage on my 2004 Ford Taurus?
Downgrading coverage levels can potentially lower insurance costs. However, it is important to consider the potential risks associated with reducing coverage. Liability coverage is typically required by law and helps protect you financially if you cause an accident. Comprehensive and collision coverage, although not mandatory, can provide added protection for your vehicle. It is advisable to evaluate your individual circumstances and consult with an insurance professional to determine the appropriate coverage for your needs.
Will modifications or aftermarket additions affect the insurance rates for a 2004 Ford Taurus?
Modifications or aftermarket additions to a 2004 Ford Taurus can affect insurance rates. Depending on the nature of the modifications, insurers may consider the vehicle to be at a higher risk. It is crucial to inform your insurance provider about any modifications or additions to ensure you have the appropriate coverage. Failing to disclose modifications could result in denied claims or policy cancellation.
Are there any specific insurance discounts available for a 2004 Ford Taurus?
Insurance discounts can vary between insurance providers. However, for a 2004 Ford Taurus, you may be eligible for specific discounts such as safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, or discounts for installing safety features. Contact your insurance provider directly to inquire about the available discounts for your specific situation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area