Cheap 2004 Kia Sorento Car Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Kia Sorento? Comparison shopping for insurance coverage can be difficult for consumers new to comparison shopping online. There are so many options that it can easily become a ton of work to locate the lowest price.
It’s a great practice to get comparison quotes at least once a year due to the fact that insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the lowest rates for Sorento insurance on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better rates now. So forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because I’m going to teach you the tricks you need to know to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Compare the Market for Auto Insurance
There are several ways to compare quotes from local auto insurance companies. The recommended way to compare 2004 Kia Sorento insurance prices is simply to get online rate quotes. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
Probably the best way to get quotes is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This form saves time by eliminating separate quote forms for every auto insurance company. One quote request gets you price quotes from many national carriers. It’s definitely the quickest method.
A more time consuming way to compare prices requires a trip to each company website and complete a new quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want to compare Progressive, Esurance and Travelers. To find out each rate you need to go to every website to enter your coverage information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but be sure to compare the exact same coverage limits for every quote you compare. If you use higher or lower deductibles it will be next to impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Kia Sorento. Slightly different coverages could mean much higher rates. It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes will increase your chances of finding the best price.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all their discounts very well, so we researched some of the best known and also the lesser-known insurance savings.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing digitally online.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off for Sorento insurance with select insurance companies.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can save you money because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A partial list of companies who might offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not be available everywhere.
Kia Sorento rate determination is complex
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. Understanding what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that could result in big savings.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Some car insurance companies will give a discount to insureds who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Your age impacts your rates – Older insureds are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers. Young drivers are statistically proven to be more careless when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Frequent car insurance claims increase rates – Car insurance companies give cheaper rates to insureds who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Big city or small town – Living in small towns and rural areas can save you money when talking about car insurance. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers have traffic congestion and longer commute times. More time commuting means more change of being in an accident.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – Driving more miles each year the more you will pay for car insurance. Most companies apply a rate based on their usage. Autos that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. If your policy improperly rates your Sorento can cost quite a bit. Verify your car insurance coverage properly reflects the proper vehicle usage.
- Being married can save on car insurance – Getting married can actually save you money when buying car insurance. It is viewed as being more responsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Always keep insurance in force – Not having insurance is illegal and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay more, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time.You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state DMV.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What coverages do I need?
When buying the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions might point out if you will benefit from professional help.
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- If my 2004 Kia Sorento is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Parts of your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as medical expenses, emergency aid and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects and a broken windshield. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Kia Sorento.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Coverage for collisions
This pays for damage to your Sorento caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like crashing into a ditch, hitting a mailbox and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses like X-ray expenses, nursing services and dental work. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
More quotes. Lower rates.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to compare 2004 Kia Sorento insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the best price on insurance coverage is with an unexpected company.
Cheaper insurance is attainable online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Much more information about insurance coverage can be read on the following sites:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area