Cheapest 2007 Kia Sorento Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper auto insurance rates for your Kia Sorento? Finding the lowest price for auto insurance is challenging if you have never used online price comparisons. But don’t let that discourage you because we’re going to show you how.
You need to do rate comparisons on a regular basis because prices change regularly. If you had the best deal for Sorento insurance a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Don’t believe everything you read about auto insurance online, so I’m going to show you some excellent ideas to find affordable auto insurance.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to lower your premiums substantially using these methods. Locating the lowest cost car insurance coverage is simple if you know the tricks. Although consumers can benefit by having an understanding of how insurance companies price insurance differently and apply this information to your search.
The easiest way to compare rates is to take advantage of the fact car insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including deductibles desired, driver details, if the car is leased, and what your job is. Those rating factors is instantly submitted to many highly-rated insurers and they return quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To get price quotes for your 2007 Kia Sorento, click here and see if a lower rate is available.
How can State Farm, GEICO and Progressive save drivers who switch?
Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive regularly use ads on TV and radio. All the ads have a common claim that you can save if you move to them. How can each company make the same claim?
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that is profitable for them. A good example of a preferred risk could be over the age of 40, a clean driving record, and drives newer vehicles. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest rates and most likely will save when switching.
Potential insureds who fall outside this ideal profile will be quoted higher premiums which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads say “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently claim big savings. This emphasizes why drivers should get as many comparisons as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest Kia Sorento insurance rates.
These factors can influence Kia Sorento insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that go into determining your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better car insurance rates.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Your deductibles define the amount you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Sorento insurance.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Liability insurance will protect you if you are found liable for damages from an accident. It provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one speeding ticket can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get severe violations like DUI or reckless driving may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are many extra bells and whistles that can waste your money on your Sorento policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Companies do not advertise every discount very clearly, so here is a list both well-publicized and the harder-to-find insurance savings.
- Accident Forgiveness – A few companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a driver safety course can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have a break if you buy life insurance.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off for Sorento insurance with select insurance companies.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more for Sorento insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
Insurance companies that may offer these benefits include:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some discounts might not apply in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do I just need basic coverages?
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions might point out whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What is the ISO rating for a 2007 Kia Sorento?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Insurance coverage breakdown
Having a good grasp of insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage – This covers damage to your Sorento caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with a tree and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This provides protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability coverage – Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as structural damage, loss of income, emergency aid and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive insurance – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hitting a deer, fire damage, damage from flooding and hail damage. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills for things like funeral costs, chiropractic care, rehabilitation expenses and pain medications. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Be a money saver!
Cheaper 2007 Kia Sorento insurance can be bought on the web and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to compare insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from a small local company.
When buying insurance coverage, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured cut full coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an OEM part, and will my Kia Sorento Can I get discounts for insuring multiple vehicles with the same company?be repaired with one?
OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer. Whether your vehicle will be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts depends on your insurance policy. You can inquire with your insurance company about their policy on parts used for repairs.
Can I get discounts for insuring multiple vehicles with the same company?
Yes, insuring multiple cars or trucks with the same insurance company often leads to reduced rates for each vehicle.
How do I find out about all the available discounts for my Kia Sorento?
Insurance companies may offer various discounts, some well-publicized and others less advertised. It’s important to ask the insurance companies you’re considering about available discounts and how they can help you save.
Are policy add-ons worth it for my Kia Sorento?
Policy add-ons like rental car reimbursement or accident forgiveness may seem beneficial at first, but if you don’t need them, removing them from your policy can help save money on premiums.
How do driving violations impact insurance rates for my Kia Sorento?
Having a clean driving record without any violations generally leads to lower insurance rates. On the other hand, drivers with tickets or severe violations like DUI may face higher premiums.
Is it mandatory to have liability coverage for my Kia Sorento?
Yes, liability coverage is typically mandatory and essential for protecting yourself if you are found liable for damages in an accident. It is usually cheaper compared to physical damage coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area