Cheapest 2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Sick and tired of not being able to afford to insure your Mercedes-Benz every month? Your situation is no different than millions of other consumers.
Many car insurance companies vie for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every company to get the cheapest price
It’s a good idea to compare rates yearly due to the fact that insurance rates change frequently. If you had the best price for S-Class insurance a year ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Don’t believe everything you read about insurance on the internet, so by reading this article, you’re going to learn some solid techniques on how to slash your insurance rates.
How to Get Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
The are a couple different ways of comparing rate quotes from local auto insurance companies. One of the best ways to compare 2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class insurance prices is to get quotes online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The fastest way consumers can analyze rates is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This form saves time by eliminating separate forms for every auto insurance company. One simple form gets rate comparisons from many national carriers.
- A more difficult way to shop for auto insurance online is spending the time to visit each individual company website and complete a new quote form. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Liberty Mutual, State Farm and GMAC. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
However you get your quotes, compare identical coverage information with every price quote. If you have unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s not possible to determine which rate is truly the best. Slightly different limits may cause a big price difference. And when comparing auto insurance rates, know that obtaining a wide range of quotes will increase your chances of finding lower pricing.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will give a small break just for signing your application on their website.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% for S-Class insurance with certain companies.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may receive a discount up to 10% for S-Class insurance.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of providers with the best insurance discounts, click this link.
What coverages do I need?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- What is the ISO rating for a 2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Auto insurance 101
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like hitting a mailbox, rolling your car, backing into a parked car and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like EMT expenses, surgery, doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses and ambulance fees. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your 2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like falling objects, fire damage, damage from flooding, a broken windshield and theft. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Auto liability insurance
This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and court costs. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible.
A fool and his money are soon parted
The cheapest 2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class insurance is attainable from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can reduce insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the most savings is with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
When shopping online for insurance coverage, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Much more information about insurance coverage is available below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area