Cheapest 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 3, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper auto insurance rates for your Chrysler PT Cruiser? Nobody I know looks forward to paying for auto insurance, especially knowing the cost is way too high.
Since consumers have many different company options, it can be challenging to pick the most affordable insurance company.
It’s smart to price shop coverage every six months because prices go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on PT Cruiser coverage two years ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the proper way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Pricing the best coverage can be fairly easy. Just about everyone who is shopping for insurance stands a good chance to be able to find better rates. But drivers do need to learn how insurance companies sell insurance online and take advantage of how the system works.
Chrysler PT Cruiser premiums are determined by many factors
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that go into determining auto insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Many insurers will give a discount to insureds who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to compare rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Your auto insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as judges, executives and dentists have the highest average rates because of stressful work requirements and long work hours. Other professions such as pilots, historians and homemakers get better rates on PT Cruiser coverage.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Liability coverage provides coverage if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Having a bad credit score is a huge factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower ratings. If your credit is low, you could save money insuring your 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser by repairing your credit.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are many add-on coverages you can purchase when buying auto insurance. Things like personal injury protection, better glass coverage and motor club memberships are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- Pay less after the wedding – Having a spouse can actually save you money when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other translates into being more mature than a single person and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse will be a fast way to bump up your auto insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine.You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department.
- Where do you drive? – The higher the mileage driven every year the more you will pay for auto insurance. The majority of insurers apply a rate based on their usage. Cars that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. An improperly rated PT Cruiser may be costing you. Verify your auto insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
How to Buy Insurance Coverage Online
To find the best insurance coverage prices, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from local insurance coverage companies. One of the best ways to find the cheapest 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance rates consists of shopping online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The recommended way consumers can make multiple comparisons is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This type of form keeps you from doing separate forms for each company. Just one form will return quotes direct from many companies.
- A different way to get comparison quotes consists of going to each company’s website to request a price quote. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from Allstate, Farmers and Progressive. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The least recommended method to compare rates is driving around to different agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the professional advice that only a license agent can provide. However, consumers can comparison shop your insurance online but still have the advice of a local agent.
It’s up to you which method you use, but double check that you are using identical quote information with each company. If the quotes have differing limits it will be next to impossible to determine which rate is truly the best. Slightly different coverages may result in a large different in cost. And when comparing insurance coverage rates, know that comparing a large number of companies helps locate the best offered rates.
Misconceptions in insurance advertisements
GEICO, State Farm and Progressive consistently run ads on television and other media. All the companies say the same thing of big savings if you change your policy. How does each company make the same claim?
Different companies can use profiling for the right customer that earns them a profit. For example, a preferred risk could possibly be between 30 and 50, a clean driving record, and has a short commute. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who fall outside the “perfect” profile must pay a more expensive rate which usually ends up with business not being written. The ads say “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can advertise the savings.
This illustrates why drivers should get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know which insurance company will give you the biggest savings on Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, buy you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but a few must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less on PT Cruiser coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount on PT Cruiser coverage with a few auto insurance companies.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will reduce the cost of coverage.
To see a list of insurers offering auto insurance discounts, click here.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Auto insurance policy coverages for a Chrysler PT Cruiser
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like vandalism, damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield and hitting a deer. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for liability – Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims like attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees, structural damage and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage pays for damage to your PT Cruiser resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle, driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical costs insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees, hospital visits and doctor visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
UM/UIM Coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Chrysler PT Cruiser.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to lower your 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from a small mutual company. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Cheaper insurance can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies don’t offer online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest auto insurance rates for my 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser?
To find the best rates, it’s recommended to compare quotes from multiple insurance companies. You can use our free quote tool by entering your zip code to get started.
What factors determine the premiums for Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance?
Auto insurance rates for a Chrysler PT Cruiser are influenced by various factors, such as your location, driving history, age, coverage options, and deductibles. It’s important to understand these elements as they can affect your insurance rates.
Is it better to shop for insurance coverage online?
Shopping for insurance coverage online offers convenience and allows you to compare quotes easily. Ensure that when comparing quotes, you use identical information for accurate results. Comparing rates from different companies increases your chances of finding the best rates for your PT Cruiser.
Why do insurance companies claim to offer big savings when customers switch?
Insurance companies target specific customer profiles that are likely to result in profitability for them. By advertising savings for customers who switch, they are referring to individuals who fit their preferred risk profile, such as having a clean driving record and a short commute. It’s important to obtain quotes from various insurers to find the best savings for your Chrysler PT Cruiser.
Are there any discounts available to lower auto insurance costs?
Yes, many auto insurance companies offer discounts that can help reduce your premiums. These discounts can include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, discounts for installing safety features in your vehicle, and good student discounts. It’s worth inquiring about available discounts with your insurance provider.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area