2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Car Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 12, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Chrysler PT Cruiser? Locating cheaper insurance for your Chrysler PT Cruiser could be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to find lower rates. There is a better way to compare insurance coverage rates so you’re going to learn the proper way to quote coverages for a new or used Chrysler and find the lowest price from local insurance agents and online providers.
Smart consumers take time to compare rates at least once a year since insurance rates change frequently. Even if you think you had the best deal on PT Cruiser insurance six months ago there may be better deals available now. So just block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage because you’re going to get a crash course in the quickest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Buying car insurance is not rocket science. If you have a current insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Drivers only need an understanding of how to shop over the internet.
The quickest method to compare rates is to know most insurance companies allow for online access to give you rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is give the companies some data such as whether you have decent credit, distance driven, level of coverage desired, and whether you are married. Your rating data gets sent immediately to multiple different insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes with very little delay.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Companies don’t list every discount very well, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for switching policies before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents pay less compared to bad drivers.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% on PT Cruiser insurance with a few car insurance companies.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies who might offer these discounts include:
Before buying, ask each insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply in every state.
What coverages do I need?
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Complexity of Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help determine your auto insurance rates. Knowing what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Drivers with clean records get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Even one speeding ticket may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with flagrant tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Do men or women drive better? – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men are in accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Chrysler. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a building, vandalism, and windstorm damage. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be on PT Cruiser insurance.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Jobs such as judges, social workers and stock brokers are shown to have the highest rates because of high stress and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations like scientists, students and the unemployed pay the least on PT Cruiser insurance.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Your credit score is a big factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser by improving your rating. People with good credit tend to be more responsible than drivers with poor credit.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart car theft.
- Your location is important – Living in a rural area can save you money when it comes to auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident.
Specific coverage details
Having a good grasp of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for dental work, doctor visits and funeral costs. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer, a broken windshield and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, emergency aid, legal defense fees, bail bonds and medical services. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Coverage for collisions
This pays for damage to your PT Cruiser resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as damaging your car on a curb, colliding with a tree and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Buy online or local, you save
Budget-conscious 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance coverage companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
When you buy insurance online, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered a lot of information how to compare insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area