2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 23, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata are $814 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs an estimated $132, collision insurance costs $156, and liability costs around $390. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $438 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $1,744 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $3,298 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $814
Rate estimates for 2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range range from as low as $438 for basic liability insurance to a much higher rate of $1,744 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences demonstrate why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare prices for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Insurance
Have you fallen victim to an overpriced insurance coverage policy? Believe me, there are a lot of people just like you who feel imprisoned by their insurance coverage policy.
Having so many insurance companies to choose from, it can be challenging to pick the lowest price insurance company.
Finding affordable coverage is not that difficult. If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. But car owners must understand the way companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
These discounts can slash insurance coverage rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize all their discounts very clearly, so we break down some of the more common and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less for MX-5 Miata insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% for MX-5 Miata insurance with select insurance companies.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
Insurance companies that possibly offer these benefits include:
Double check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not be available everywhere.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates is to understand auto insurance companies provide online access to provide you with free rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide a small amount of information such as whether you have decent credit, whether you drive to work or school, daily mileage, and whether you are married. Your information is instantly submitted to many of the top insurers and you get price estimates quickly.
Mazda MX-5 Miata rates are complex
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help determine your insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to big savings.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate prices.
- Your location affects your rates – Residing in a small town has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents. City drivers regularly have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Youthful drivers are known to be less responsible when driving so insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a teenage driver onto your insurance can be quite pricey. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
- Men are more aggressive – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Women and men are in accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Young males tend to get in the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Always keep insurance in force – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a quick way to increase your insurance rates. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Whether or not you get tickets impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one speeding ticket may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers with flagrant tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
Companies like State Farm and Allstate continually stream ads in print and on television. All the ads have a common claim about savings after switching your policy. How can each company say the same thing? This is how they do it.
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that earns them a profit. For example, a driver they prefer could be between 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters will get very good rates and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for these standards will be quoted higher prices and ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That’s why companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. This emphasizes why you absolutely need to quote coverage with many companies. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance coverage company will fit your personal profile best.
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your MX-5 Miata from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as hitting a parking meter, rolling your car, colliding with a tree and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses like prosthetic devices, nursing services and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds, funeral expenses and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Mazda MX-5 Miata.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like a broken windshield, hitting a deer, falling objects and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
A tidy conclusion
We just covered a lot of tips how to reduce 2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Cost effective insurance is attainable online as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
To learn more, link through to the resources below:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,287|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,395|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$48|
|5-yr Claim Free||$50|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$28|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.