2005 Mercury Sable Car Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 23, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Mercury Sable? I can’t think of a single person who likes having to buy insurance coverage, especially when the cost is too high.
Numerous insurers battle for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to discover the definitive lowest cost out there.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. Choosing the best insurance company for you is easy if you know what you’re doing. But vehicle owners do need to understand the methods companies use to price insurance differently and use this information to your advantage.
Get lower rates on Mercury Sable insurance
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house can help you save on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
For a list of insurers who offer auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
Automobile Insurance Quotes
The are a couple different ways of comparing price quotes from local insurance companies. The quickest method to compare 2005 Mercury Sable insurance prices is to use the internet to compare rates. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
One of the simplest ways consumers can analyze rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This method keeps you from doing separate quotation requests for each company. One form submission will return quotes from all major companies.
Another way to find lower rates is spending the time to visit the website of each company and request a quote. For example, let’s say you want comparison quotes from Liberty Mutual, Progressive and GMAC. To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website and enter your information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
The most time-consuming way to compare rates is to spend time driving to local insurance agencies. The internet can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the trained guidance of a licensed agent. However, consumers can compare the best prices online and still use a local agent and we’ll touch on that later.
Which method you use is up to you, but be sure to compare identical coverage limits for every quote you compare. If each company quotes different liability limits you can’t possibly decipher which rate is best. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits could mean much higher rates. And when comparison shopping, comparing more company’s prices helps you find a better price.
These factors can influence what you pay for Mercury Sable insurance
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Understanding what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower insurance coverage prices.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more miles you rack up on your Mercury in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage policy shows how each vehicle is driven. Incorrect usage on your Sable can cost quite a bit.
- Small claims can cost you – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies award discounts to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Car insurance is intended for larger claims.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Mature drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations. Young drivers have a tendency to be more careless in a vehicle and because of this, their insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Marriage pays dividends – Having a spouse actually saves money when buying insurance coverage. It is viewed as being more responsible and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2005 Mercury Sable to commute?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Misconceptions in auto insurance advertisements
Companies like Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with television and radio advertisements. All the ads have a common claim about savings if you switch your policy. But how can every company make almost identical claims?
All companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that makes them money. For instance, a driver they prefer could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, is a homeowner, and has a short commute. A customer who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who don’t meet the “perfect” profile must pay a more expensive rate which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. That’s why companies can advertise the savings. This illustrates why you need to quote coverage with many companies. You cannot predict which auto insurance company will have the lowest Mercury Sable insurance rates.
Insurance coverage options for a Mercury Sable
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the usual coverages found on most insurance policies.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Sable resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Mercury Sable.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer, vandalism, hail damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability insurance covers things like legal defense fees, medical services and court costs. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as EMT expenses, nursing services, chiropractic care and doctor visits. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Power to the consumer
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price.
We just showed you many tips how you can lower your 2005 Mercury Sable insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
More information is available on the following sites:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area