View 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 9, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution? Locating the cheapest insurance for a new or used Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can use our auto insurance buying tips and make it easy.
There is a better way to find auto insurance online so you’re going to learn the proper way to price shop coverage for your Mitsubishi and locate the lowest possible price from local insurance agents and online providers.
It is always a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates periodically since rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the best rates for Lancer Evolution coverage a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. Starting right now, forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the right way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Shopping for affordable coverage is not that difficult. If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these techniques to find the best rates and possibly find even better coverage. Drivers just need to know how to buy car insurance online.
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution rates are in the details
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that go into determining your auto insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Teen drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when driving so auto insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a youthful driver to your policy can break the bank. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
- What are your deductibles? – The deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive for Lancer Evolution coverage.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Even one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. If you have dangerous violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Better credit means lower rates – Credit score is a huge factor in determining your rates. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit. So if your credit is low, you could save money insuring your 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse will be a sure-fire way to pay more for auto insurance. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage can result in a revoked license or a big fine.You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- More miles equals more premium – Driving more miles each year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that are left in the garage can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Verify your auto insurance coverage is rated on the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. If your policy improperly rates your Lancer Evolution can result in significantly higher rates.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
How to Get Car Insurance
Most companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive give insurance quotes online. This process doesn’t take a lot of time as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want into a form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system will obtain information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price based on these factors.
This simplifies rate comparisons, but the work required to visit different websites and fill out multiple forms can be a bit repetitive. Unfortunately, it is important to perform this step if you are searching for the best price on car insurance.
There is a better way!
The preferred way to find lower prices uses one simple form that obtains quotes from a lot of companies. This type of form saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes online shopping much more enjoyable. After sending your information, your coverage is rated and you can select any one of the pricing results.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you simply finish the application and purchase the new policy. It can be completed in less than 10 minutes and can result in significant savings.
To quickly compare rates now, simply click here to open in new window and complete the simple form. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you input the coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you’re receiving rate quotes for exact coverage.
Insurance coverage myths debunked
Consumers can’t get away from ads for car insurance savings from companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all seem to have a common claim of big savings if you move your policy.
How can each company make almost identical claims?
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that makes them money. For instance, a profitable customer could possibly be a mature driver, has no driving citations, and has excellent credit. A propective insured who matches those parameters gets the lowest rates and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who do not match the “perfect” profile will be charged higher rates and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. This is how companies can truthfully make those claims.
That is why you need to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Take discounts and save
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Mitsubishi can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on insurance for Lancer Evolution coverage.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if you could use an agent’s help.
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Car insurance coverage considerations
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Usually the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, X-ray expenses and chiropractic care. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims like emergency aid, medical services, legal defense fees, pain and suffering and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as falling objects, hitting a deer, a broken windshield, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Lancer Evolution resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as rolling your car, crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Shop. Compare. Save.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices and even extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area