Cheapest 2005 Volvo S60 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 3, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want lower insurance rates for your Volvo S60? Are you a victim of overpriced insurance? Trust us when we tell you many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out. Insurance companies such as GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive constantly blast consumers with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and take the time to shop coverage around.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Auto insurance companies do not list every discount very clearly, so we break down both the well known and also the lesser-known ways to save on auto insurance. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% on S60 coverage with a few auto insurance companies.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Distant Student – Children who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on S60 coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums on S60 coverage.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
For a list of providers with discount auto insurance rates, click this link.
How to Buy Insurance Coverage Online
Finding a lower price on 2005 Volvo S60 insurance can be relatively painless. You just need to take a couple of minutes to compare rate quotes online from several insurance companies. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- The fastest way to get quotes for comparison is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This easy form keeps you from doing repetitive form entry for each company you want a rate for. One quote request will return quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
- Another way to find lower rates consists of going to the website of each company and complete a new quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want rates from Nationwide, GEICO and GMAC. You would have to visit each site to input your insurance information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make absolute certain that you use exactly the same coverage information with each company. If the quotes have different values for each quote it will be impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Volvo S60.
What determines your Volvo S60 insurance premium
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Occupations such as doctors, social workers and accountants tend to pay higher rates than average because of high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, occupations such as scientists, athletes and the unemployed have the lowest average rates on S60 coverage.
- More people means more accidents – Residing in small towns and rural areas can save you money when buying insurance. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. City drivers tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Good drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Even one ticket can increase rates twenty percent or more. If you have severe violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money on your S60 policy. Coverages like roadside assistance, accident forgiveness and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
What coverages do I need?
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage coverage for your vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions might help in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance coverages 101
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverage types offered by car insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like rock chips in glass, a broken windshield, hitting a bird and hail damage. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability car insurance
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as legal defense fees, medical expenses and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses like chiropractic care, doctor visits, dental work, prosthetic devices and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays for damage to your S60 from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2005 Volvo S60.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Budget-conscious 2005 Volvo S60 insurance is possible online in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
What determines my Volvo S60 insurance premium?
Several factors influence your Volvo S60 insurance premium, including your driving record, age, location, credit history, the model of your car, and the coverage options you choose. Understanding these rating factors can help you make informed decisions to potentially save on your insurance rates.
What are the different types of car insurance coverages?
Car insurance policies typically include several coverage types. These include comprehensive coverage (covers damage other than collision), liability car insurance (covers damages or injuries you cause to others), insurance for medical payments (covers immediate medical expenses), collision coverage (pays for damage from colliding with another vehicle or object), and uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance (protects you when other motorists have insufficient or no liability coverage).
How can I find companies with the cheapest rates in my area?
To find companies offering cheap auto insurance rates for your Volvo S60, you can enter your ZIP code in the provided tool. This will allow you to compare quotes from multiple companies and increase your chances of finding affordable coverage.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Auto insurance companies offer various discounts, some of which are not clearly listed. It’s important to explore both well-known and lesser-known discounts to ensure you’re maximizing your savings. However, not all discounts apply to the overall cost of the policy; some only reduce the cost of specific coverages.
How can I buy insurance coverage online?
Buying insurance coverage for your 2005 Volvo S60 online is relatively easy. You can compare rate quotes from different insurance companies using online tools. Make sure to use the same coverage information for each quote to accurately determine the lowest rate for your vehicle.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area