Cheapest 2006 Cadillac DTS Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buyers have a choice when searching for low-cost Cadillac DTS insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents to get rate comparisons or use the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance coverage so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to get price quotes for a Cadillac and find the cheapest rates.
If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to cut your premiums and possibly find even better coverage. This information will instruct you on the most effective way to quote insurance and some tricks to saving. Drivers only need an understanding of the tricks to shop their coverage around online.
Compare Quotes for Car Insurance
Cutting your car insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. Drivers just need to take a few minutes to compare quotes online from several insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- The first (and easiest) way to get quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This type of form keeps you from doing boring form submissions for each company you want a rate for. Filling out one form gets you price quotes instantly. Just one form and you’re done.
- A slightly less efficient method to compare prices is going to the website of each company to complete a price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want to compare Nationwide, GEICO and Liberty Mutual. To find out each rate you need to go to every website to enter your coverage information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
Whichever way you use, make sure you use identical coverage information for every company. If you have different deductibles it will be very difficult to decipher which rate is best.
Cadillac DTS insurance premiums are calculated by many factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what influences your rates enables informed choices that can help you get lower insurance coverage prices.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces insurance coverage companies consider when setting your rates.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Cadillac from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance for DTS coverage.
- Always keep insurance in force – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a quick way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies provide lower rates to people who do not file claims often. Car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection if you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
How to save on Cadillac DTS insurance
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked for prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount for DTS coverage with certain companies.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break when buying auto insurance for DTS coverage.
- Distant Student – Children who live away from home and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Own a Home – Owning a home can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of companies who offer auto insurance discounts, click here to view.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2006 Cadillac DTS?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Auto insurance specifics
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your 2006 Cadillac DTS.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills such as surgery, funeral costs, hospital visits and X-ray expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as theft, damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird and falling objects. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things like legal defense fees, structural damage and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your DTS from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Cheap 2006 Cadillac DTS insurance can be bought from both online companies and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance coverage companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, high prices, delays in responding to claim requests and even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to reduce insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance coverage is with a small local company.
Additional detailed information can be found at these sites:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area