Compare 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want lower insurance coverage rates for your Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT? Have you fallen victim to overpriced insurance coverage? Believe me, you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse. With consumers having so many companies and agents to choose from, it can be diffult for consumers to pick the right insurer.
Finding affordable coverage is not that difficult. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using these tips. Vehicle owners just need to understand the best way to compare rates online.
Free Quotes for Car Insurance
There are a lot of ways to compare car insurance prices but one way is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can spend your afternoon talking to insurance agencies in your area, or you could save time and use online quoting to get prices fast.
Many companies enroll in a system that allows shoppers to submit one quote, and each company then returns a price quote. This saves time by eliminating form submissions to every company.
To find out what other companies charge for 2006 Chevy TrailBlazer EXT insurance click to open in new window.
The only drawback to using this type of system is that you can’t choose the insurers you will receive quotes from. If you would rather choose specific insurance companies to receive pricing from, we have assembled a list of companies who write car insurance in your area. Click to view list.
Which method you use is up to you, but make darn sure you compare the exact same quote information for each price quote. If you enter mixed coverages it will be impossible to determine the best price for your Chevy TrailBlazer EXT.
Cut prices on Chevy TrailBlazer EXT insurance
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both the well known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on auto insurance on TrailBlazer EXT insurance.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house may trigger a auto insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
Insurance companies who might offer these discounts are:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available everywhere.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What determines your Chevy TrailBlazer EXT insurance premium
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces that factor into rates.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder car theft.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more miles you rack up on your Chevy in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your insurance policy shows how each vehicle is driven. Incorrect usage on your TrailBlazer EXT may be costing you.
- What are your deductibles? – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Chevy. Some instances where coverage would apply could be colliding with a building, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles are how much you are required to spend before your insurance pays a claim. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be on TrailBlazer EXT insurance.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse is a fast way to bump up your insurance costs. Not only will you pay more, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine.You may need to file a SR-22 with your state DMV.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are quite a few additional coverages that can waste your money when buying insurance. Things like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness and motor club memberships are some examples. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Even a single citation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Good drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get severe violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Pay less after the wedding – Getting married actually saves money on your policy. Marriage translates into being more responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes are in accidents at a similar rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Car insurance 101
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills such as chiropractic care, prosthetic devices and funeral costs. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision insurance pays for damage to your TrailBlazer EXT resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle, driving through your garage door and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as falling objects, fire damage and hitting a bird. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
This protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things like legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Saving money is sweet as honey
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Discount 2006 Chevy TrailBlazer EXT insurance can be bought both online and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
More information can be read at these links:
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area