Cheapest 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 12, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT? Sick and tired of scraping the payment together to pay your car insurance bill each month? You’re in the same situation as many other drivers.
Companies like GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm promote their brand names with ad campaigns and it is difficult to avoid their marketing magic and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Some factors that can determine what Chevy TrailBlazer EXT insurance costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help determine your car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
- How your age affects price – Young drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates. Having to add a young driver to your car insurance policy can really hurt. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your Chevy. A few examples of covered claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, vandalism, and windstorm damage. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive for TrailBlazer EXT coverage.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Jobs such as lawyers, architects and accountants have higher rates than average due to high stress levels and lengthy work days. On the flip side, professions such as pilots, athletes and retirees get better rates for TrailBlazer EXT coverage.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get your license suspended and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Marriage pays dividends – Having a spouse helps lower the price on your car insurance policy. Marriage means you’re more mature and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – A driver’s credit history is a huge factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. So if your credit history is not that good, you could save money insuring your 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT by repairing your credit. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies give lower rates to people who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is intended for larger claims.
How to save on Chevy TrailBlazer EXT insurance
Car insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner may trigger a auto insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- College Student – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of insurers with the best auto insurance discounts, click here.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things such as medical expenses, emergency aid, loss of income, medical services and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Chevy TrailBlazer EXT.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Usually the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as hitting a deer, vandalism, fire damage, theft and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
This will pay to fix damage to your TrailBlazer EXT resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses and pain medications. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Quote more. Save more.
When you buy insurance online, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper 2005 Chevy TrailBlazer EXT insurance can be found from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors influence the insurance rates for a 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT?
Several factors can affect the insurance rates for a 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT. Some key factors include the driver’s age, driving record, location, coverage options, deductible amount, and the insurance company’s policies.
Are there any specific features of the 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT that can impact insurance rates?
While specific features of the vehicle itself may not directly impact insurance rates, factors such as the vehicle’s age, model, trim level, and safety features can indirectly affect the rates. Insurance companies typically consider the overall safety ratings and theft rates associated with a particular vehicle model when calculating premiums.
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for my 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT?
To find the cheapest insurance rates for your 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT, it is recommended to follow these steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies to compare rates and coverage options. This allows you to find the most affordable option that meets your needs.
- Opt for higher deductibles: Choosing a higher deductible can help lower your premium. However, ensure that you can comfortably afford the deductible amount in case of a claim.
- Explore discounts: Inquire about any available discounts such as safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, or discounts for safety features installed in your vehicle.
- Maintain a good driving record: A clean driving record without any accidents or traffic violations can contribute to lower insurance rates.
- Consider bundling policies: If you already have other insurance policies, such as homeowners or renters insurance, consider bundling them with your auto insurance to potentially get a discounted rate.
Are there any specific insurance companies known for offering affordable rates for the 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT?
Insurance rates can vary among different companies, so it’s essential to shop around and compare quotes. However, some insurance companies are known for providing competitive rates for various vehicle models, including the 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT. It is advisable to check with companies such as GEICO, Progressive, State Farm, Allstate, and Nationwide, as they often offer competitive rates and have a strong presence in the auto insurance market.
Can I reduce my insurance costs by adjusting my coverage options?
Yes, adjusting your coverage options can help lower your insurance costs. If your vehicle is older and has a lower market value, you may consider dropping comprehensive or collision coverage, as these coverages primarily protect the vehicle itself. However, it’s important to carefully evaluate the potential risks and financial impact before making any adjustments to your coverage.
Does the location where I live impact the insurance rates for my 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT?
Yes, the location where you reside can impact the insurance rates for your 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT. Insurance companies take into account factors such as the frequency of accidents, theft rates, and overall crime rates in your area. Urban areas or regions with higher instances of accidents or thefts may have higher insurance premiums compared to rural or low-crime areas.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area