2006 Ford Econoline Wagon Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 12, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding the best price on auto insurance may seem to be difficult if you have never used online quotes. Don’t let that stop you because using the internet to shop for auto insurance is actually quite easy.
Car Insurance Quote Comparison
Effectively comparing car insurance prices can be a daunting task if you don’t utilize the best way to get rate quotes. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking about coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you could save time and use online quoting to get the quickest rates.
Most of the larger companies are enrolled in a marketplace that enables customers to submit one quote, and each company can provide price quotes based on the submitted data. This saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions to each company.
To find out what other companies charge for 2006 Ford Econoline Wagon insurance click here to open in new window.
The only drawback to comparing rates this way is you don’t know exactly the insurers you want to price. So if you want to choose specific providers to request quotes from, we have a listing of the cheapest car insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make sure you use identical coverage limits with every price quote. If your comparisons have unequal deductibles or liability limits you can’t possibly determine the best price for your Ford Econoline Wagon. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages could mean much higher rates. And when quoting car insurance, remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting better pricing.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies don’t always advertise all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for better car insurance rates for Econoline Wagon insurance.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy for Econoline Wagon insurance.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Car insurance companies that may have these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not apply in your area.
Complexity of Ford Econoline Wagon insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that go into determining your insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that can help you get lower insurance prices.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Careers like doctors, executives and dentists tend to have the highest average rates due to job stress and long work days. Other occupations such as pilots, historians and retirees receive lower rates for Econoline Wagon insurance.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse is a fast way to pay more for insurance. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.You may have to file a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Your age impacts your rates – Teenage drivers tend to get distracted easily behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. Having to add a teen driver onto a policy can really hurt. Older drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- One company can mean more discounts – Some insurance companies will give a discount to people who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money. Drivers may still find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection when a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. These vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Ford Econoline Wagon has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Car features impact rates – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping auto theft.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- What is the ISO rating for a 2006 Ford Econoline Wagon?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Car insurance ads bend the truth
Progressive, Allstate and GEICO continually stream ads in print and on television. All the companies have a common claim about savings after switching your coverage to them. But how can every company make the same claim? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For example, a preferred risk might be profiled as a mature driver, owns a home, and chooses high deductibles. Any new insured who matches those parameters will get very good rates and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile will be charged more money and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. That’s why companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings. That is why it is so important to compare many company’s rates. Because you never know which insurance companies will have the lowest Ford Econoline Wagon insurance rates.
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses for EMT expenses, prosthetic devices, rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care and hospital visits. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering, funeral expenses and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your 2006 Ford Econoline Wagon.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as falling objects, vandalism and hitting a deer. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance covers damage to your Econoline Wagon resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building, driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Power to the consumer
You just learned a lot of techniques to get a better price on 2006 Ford Econoline Wagon insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier.
Cost effective insurance is attainable both online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, lack of trust in their agent, questionable increases in premium and even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company can be easier than you think.
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area