Cheapest 1999 Ford Econoline Wagon Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one in their right mind cherishes buying insurance, especially when their premiums are too high. Insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance constantly bombard you with advertising and it is difficult to see through the deception and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Low Cost Insurance Coverage
Getting a lower price on 1999 Ford Econoline Wagon insurance can be relatively painless. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies. This can be done in several different ways.
The most efficient way to find low rates would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This type of form keeps you from doing repetitive form submissions for each company. One simple form gets you coverage quotes from all major companies.
A more difficult way to obtain and compare quotes online is going to each company website to complete a price quote. For instance, we’ll pretend you want to compare State Farm, Farmers and Allstate. To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
The least recommended way to compare rates is to spend time driving to local insurance agencies. Buying insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you want the professional advice of a local agent. Drivers can find lower rates online but still have the advice of a local agent and we’ll touch on that later.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make sure you use the exact same coverages for each comparison quote. If your comparisons have mixed coverages you can’t possibly truly determine the lowest rate.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Auto insurance companies do not list every available discount very clearly, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more for Econoline Wagon insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for insurance for Econoline Wagon insurance.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially as compared to bad drivers.
- College Student – Kids in college who live away from home and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a driver safety course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Car insurance companies that may have some of the above discounts are:
- American Family
- State Farm
- 21st Century
Check with each company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state.
Situations that might require an agent
When buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Specific coverage details
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverage types available from car insurance companies.
Comprehensive protection – This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as rock chips in glass, hitting a bird, a broken windshield and hail damage. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses like prosthetic devices, pain medications and funeral costs. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability – Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as medical expenses, bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Collision coverages – This coverage covers damage to your Econoline Wagon resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a building and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Ford Econoline Wagon.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Make a quick buck
Discount 1999 Ford Econoline Wagon insurance is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We just presented a lot of information how to lower your insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with the smaller companies. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find low-cost insurance coverage for my 1999 Ford Econoline Wagon?
Getting a lower price on 1999 Ford Econoline Wagon insurance can be relatively painless. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies. This can be done in several different ways. The most efficient way is to use an industry-wide quote request form that provides coverage quotes from all major companies. Alternatively, you can visit each company’s website individually to complete a price quote. Another option is to visit local insurance agencies, although buying insurance online eliminates the need for an agent unless you want professional advice. Regardless of the method you choose, make sure to use the exact same coverages for each comparison quote to determine the lowest rate accurately.
What discounts are available for auto insurance and how can I save money?
Auto insurance companies offer various discounts that can help you save money on your premiums. Some well-publicized and hidden savings tricks include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, good student discounts, military discounts, and many more. It’s essential to inquire about available discounts from each company you consider. However, keep in mind that not all discounts may apply in every state and some may only reduce the price of specific insurance coverages.
When should I consider consulting an insurance agent?
While buying insurance coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all plan, and each situation is unique. It can be beneficial to seek the advice of a licensed insurance agent to address your specific needs. If you’re unsure whether consulting an agent would be helpful, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I have a clear understanding of my insurance needs?
- Am I aware of all the available coverage options?
- Do I need assistance in determining the appropriate coverage limits and deductibles? If you can’t answer these questions or believe they might apply to your situation, it may be wise to chat with a licensed agent or fill out a quick form to get the answers you need.
What are the typical coverage types available from car insurance companies?
Understanding the different types of coverage in a car insurance policy is crucial when choosing the right options, deductibles, and limits. Here are some typical coverage types available:
- Comprehensive protection: Covers damage not caused by collisions, such as rock chips, windshield damage, and hail damage.
- Medical expense coverage: Covers immediate medical expenses resulting from an accident, such as prosthetic devices, pain medications, and funeral costs.
- Liability coverage: Protects against claims from others for damages or injuries you cause in an accident.
- Collision coverage: Covers damage to your vehicle resulting from a collision with another object or car.
- Uninsured or underinsured coverage: Protects you and your vehicle occupants when other motorists are uninsured or underinsured. It’s important to review these coverage options and choose the ones that suit your needs.
How can I make sure I find the best insurance rates and coverage for my 1999 Ford Econoline Wagon?
To find the best insurance rates and coverage for your 1999 Ford Econoline Wagon, it’s recommended to compare quotes from multiple companies. Obtain quotes both online and from local agents to have a wide range of options. Keep in mind that the best prices may not always come from the larger companies but could be offered by smaller, niche-market insurers. While comparing rates, ensure that you don’t reduce coverage just to reduce premiums. The goal should be to find the best coverage at a price you can afford, rather than opting for the least amount of coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area