Ford Ford F-350 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 3, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower insurance coverage rates for your Ford F-350 Super Duty? Have you fallen victim to high-priced insurance coverage? Believe me, many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out. Since consumers have many options, it’s difficult to choose the best company.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest price for F-350 Super Duty insurance six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance coverage because we’re going to demonstrate how to quote online to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Finding the best rates is quite easy. If you have a current insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can learn to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Consumers only need an understanding of the most effective way to get comparison rates on the web.
Where Can I Get Cheap Insurance Coverage?
Getting better 2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty insurance coverage pricing isn’t really that difficult. Consumers just need to take a couple of minutes comparing rates provided by online insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The single most time-saving way to find the lowest comparison rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do separate forms to each individual insurance coverage company. Completing one form gets you coverage quotes from all major companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to compare rate quotes requires you to visit each company website and request a quote. For instance, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Allstate, Farmers and American Family. To find out each rate you need to go to every website to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The least recommended way of comparing rate quotes is to waste gas driving to different agent offices. Shopping for insurance coverage online has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the trained guidance that only a license agent can provide. Drivers can price shop your coverage online but still have the advice of a local agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make sure you use identical deductibles and coverage limits for every company. If you enter different limits and deductibles on each one you will not be able to truly determine the lowest rate.
How much can you save with discounts?
Companies don’t always publicize all their discounts very well, so here is a list some of the best known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10% for F-350 Super Duty insurance.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Ford can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more for F-350 Super Duty insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Distant Student – Kids in college living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of certain professional organizations could trigger savings when buying insurance coverage for F-350 Super Duty insurance.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous.
Car insurance companies who might offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply in your area.
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions may help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Why your Ford F-350 Super Duty insurance rates may be high
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to big savings.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Insurance companies give cheaper rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even a single citation can increase rates forty percent or more. Good drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get severe violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- The more you drive the more you pay – Driving more miles every year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Make sure your insurance coverage shows the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. If your policy improperly rates your F-350 Super Duty can cost quite a bit.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – A driver’s credit rating is a big factor in your rate calculation. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have poor credit. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your 2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty by improving your rating.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your Ford. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be colliding with a building, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles are how much you are required to spend before your insurance pays a claim. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive for F-350 Super Duty insurance.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Getting married can get you a discount on insurance. Marriage usually means you are more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Jobs such as real estate brokers, architects and stock brokers have the highest rates because of high stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, jobs such as farmers, students and the unemployed get better rates for F-350 Super Duty insurance.
Are insurance coverage companies telling the truth?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for cheaper car insurance by companies like State Farm and Allstate. All the ads make the same claim that you can save if you move to them.
How can each company make almost identical claims?
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that is profitable for them. A good example of a desirable insured could possibly be a mature driver, a clean driving record, and has a high credit rating. A driver who matches those parameters gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who fall outside the “perfect” profile will be quoted a higher premium and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. This is how companies can truthfully state the savings. This emphasizes why drivers should compare many company’s rates. It is impossible to predict the company that will have the lowest Ford F-350 Super Duty insurance rates.
Parts of your auto insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like rock chips in glass, vandalism, hail damage, damage from getting keyed and theft. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses like doctor visits, hospital visits, EMT expenses, nursing services and pain medications. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your F-350 Super Duty caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like scraping a guard rail, rolling your car, driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability auto insurance
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as structural damage, attorney fees and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford.
Lower-priced 2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty insurance can be bought online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area