2006 Kia Optima Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 30, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2006 Kia Optima are $1,076 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive costs on average $160, collision insurance costs $202, and liability insurance costs $534. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $588 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $2,312. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,404 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,076
Rate estimates for 2006 Kia Optima Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2006 Kia Optima models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range range from as low as $588 for the bare minimum liability coverage to a much higher rate of $2,312 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences illustrate why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare rates based on a specific location and risk profile, rather than relying on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2006 Kia Optima Insurance
Consumers have a choice when looking for affordable Kia Optima insurance. You can either waste hours driving around trying to get quotes or use the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for your Kia and find the cheapest rates.
It’s important to shop coverage around occasionally since rates change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Optima coverage a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the fastest and easiest way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Why your Kia Optima insurance rates may be high
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine your insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in big savings.
The following are some of the items used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Many insurance companies will give a discount to insureds who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to shop around to ensure the best deal. You may still find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Both sexes tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Tickets mean higher rates – A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Only having one moving violation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. If you have dangerous violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Driving without insurance can get your license suspended and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage lapse. And not only will your rates increase, but not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you. If your Kia Optima earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- Frequent insurance claims increase rates – Insurance companies give discounts to people who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Older drivers pay less – Teen drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. Parents adding a teen driver onto a policy can break the bank. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your Kia. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, vandalism, or theft. Your deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The higher the amount you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance on Optima coverage.
Quick Car Insurance Quotes
There are multiple methods to compare 2006 Kia Optima car insurance prices and some are less time-consuming than others. You could waste time discussing policy coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you could save time and use the web to get the quickest rates.
Most of the larger companies enroll in a system where prospective buyers complete one form, and at least one company returns a rated price. This saves time by eliminating quote forms to every company.
To submit your quote information now, click here (opens in new window).
The single downside to getting quotes like this is that you can’t choose the companies you want to price. So if you want to choose specific providers to compare, we have a page of companies who write car insurance in your area. Click to view list.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you’re using identical deductibles and coverage limits on every quote you get. If each company quotes unequal deductibles or liability limits you can’t possibly find the best deal for your Kia Optima.
Can switching companies really save?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for the lowest price auto insurance by companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to say the same thing of big savings after switching to them.
How can each company claim to save you money?
All companies have a preferred profile for the right customer they prefer to insure. A good example of a driver they prefer might be between the ages of 30 and 50, owns a home, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any driver that hits that “sweet spot” will get very good rates and therefore will save when switching.
Drivers who do not match these standards must pay a higher premium and this can result in business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That’s the way insurance companies can make the claims of big savings.
This illustrates why you need to get as many quotes as possible. It’s impossible to know which insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Kia Optima insurance rates.
Do you qualify for discounts?
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but some must be asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Kia could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application digitally online.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house may trigger a insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a small decrease in premiums on Optima coverage.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will help reduce the cost of coverage.
Insurance companies that may offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
- The Hartford
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Specific coverages for a Kia Optima
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like hitting a deer, hail damage and hitting a bird. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverages – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door, damaging your car on a curb and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like nursing services, pain medications, dental work and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Auto liability – This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things such as structural damage, medical expenses, repair costs for stationary objects, emergency aid and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Kia Optima.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Usually the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Online plus local equals savings
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, denial of a claim, poor customer service and even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can compare 2006 Kia Optima insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small local company.
Cheap insurance is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,698|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,839|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$63|
|5-yr Claim Free||$67|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$37|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.