Cheapest 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 3, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Locating better insurance prices for a Land Rover Range Rover Sport can normally be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to find lower rates.
There are more efficient ways to buy insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to get price quotes on a Land Rover and get the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to find the best rates and possibly find even better coverage. Pricing affordable coverage can be fairly easy. Consumers only need an understanding of how to find the lowest price over the internet.
Take advantage of discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but some must be specially asked for in order for you to get them. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more on Range Rover Sport insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a discount up to 10% on Range Rover Sport insurance.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will bring down your premiums.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- American Family
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply in your state.
How to Compare Insurance Rates
Finding cheaper 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport insurance prices is not rocket science. The only thing you need to do is invest a few minutes getting comparison quotes provided by online insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
One of the simplest ways consumers can make multiple comparisons is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This type of form eliminates the need for separate quotation requests for each company. A single form will get you price quotes from insurance companies with the best prices. Just one form and you’re done.
A more time consuming way to compare prices requires a trip to the website of each company and complete a new quote form. For instance, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Farmers, Progressive and American Family. To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but be sure to compare apples-to-apples coverages with each company. If each company quotes mixed coverages you will not be able to make an equal comparison.
Why your Land Rover Range Rover Sport might be costing you more
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that could result in better car insurance rates.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Land Rover from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, or theft. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance on Range Rover Sport insurance.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Land Rover Range Rover Sport has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Most companies will award you with lower prices to insureds who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to find a better deal by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like lawyers, architects and financial analysts have higher average rates in part from job stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, professions such as actors, engineers and homemakers get better rates on Range Rover Sport insurance.
- Being married is a good thing – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your policy. Having a significant other means you’re more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse will be a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, but not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport to commute?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
The coverage is in the details
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive protection – This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as rock chips in glass, vandalism, falling objects, a broken windshield and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Liability car insurance – This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims like funeral expenses, pain and suffering and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Collision – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Range Rover Sport from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as driving through your garage door, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with a tree, hitting a mailbox and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical expense coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses like ambulance fees, doctor visits and EMT expenses. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Normally the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Power to the consumer
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
The cheapest 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport insurance is definitely available on the web and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
We covered a lot of information how to save on insurance. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Additional learning opportunities
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors can affect the insurance rates for a 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport?
Several factors can influence the insurance rates for a 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport, including:
- Your driving record: A history of accidents or traffic violations can lead to higher insurance rates.
- Location: Insurance rates may vary depending on your location due to factors such as crime rates and traffic congestion.
- Age and gender: Younger drivers, particularly males, often have higher insurance rates due to statistically higher accident rates.
- Vehicle usage: If you use your Land Rover Range Rover Sport for long commutes or business purposes, it may affect your rates.
- Insurance history: Your previous insurance claims and coverage history can impact the rates you’re offered.
- Credit score: In some states, insurance companies consider credit scores when determining rates.
Are there any specific insurance coverages I should consider for my 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport?
While the specific coverages you should consider may vary based on your needs, some common insurance coverages for a 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport include:
- Liability coverage: This coverage is usually mandatory and protects you if you cause damage or injuries to others in an accident.
- Collision coverage: It pays for repairs or replacement of your Range Rover Sport if it’s damaged in a collision, regardless of who’s at fault.
- Comprehensive coverage: This coverage protects against non-collision incidents such as theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: It provides protection if you’re involved in an accident with a driver who has inadequate or no insurance.
- Personal injury protection (PIP): PIP coverage can help cover medical expenses and lost wages for you and your passengers after an accident, regardless of fault.
Can I reduce my insurance rates for a 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport?
Yes, you may be able to reduce your insurance rates for a 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport by taking the following steps:
- Maintain a clean driving record: Avoid accidents and traffic violations to demonstrate responsible driving behavior.
- Increase your deductibles: Opting for higher deductibles can lower your premiums, but keep in mind that you’ll have to pay more out of pocket in case of a claim.
- Take advantage of discounts: Ask your insurance provider about available discounts, such as safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, or discounts for safety features installed in your Range Rover Sport.
- Shop around: Regularly compare quotes from different insurance companies to ensure you’re getting the best possible rate.
Are there any safety features that could help lower insurance rates for a 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport?
Yes, certain safety features on a 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport can potentially lower your insurance rates. These may include:
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Electronic stability control (ESC)
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane departure warning
- Forward collision warning
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Parking assist
- Anti-theft devices
- Airbags (front, side, or curtain)
- Daytime running lights
Can I get insurance coverage for a 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport with a salvage title?
Getting insurance coverage for a 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport with a salvage title may be more challenging compared to a vehicle with a clean title. Some insurance companies may refuse coverage altogether, while others may offer limited coverage options. It’s important to disclose the salvage title to potential insurance providers during the quoting process. You may need to explore specialized insurance companies that cater to salvaged or rebuilt vehicles to find coverage for your 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport.
Are there any specific insurance providers known for offering competitive rates for a 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport?
Insurance rates can vary depending on several factors, including your location and personal circumstances. It’s recommended to research and obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to find the best rates for your 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport. Some well-known insurance companies that are often worth considering for competitive rates include Geico, Progressive, State Farm, Allstate, and Nationwide. However, keep in mind that rates can vary, so it’s essential to compare quotes from different providers to find the most affordable option for your specific situation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area