Cheapest 2006 Lexus IS 250 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shopping for low-cost insurance coverage online may be intimidating for beginners to comparing rates online. With a ridiculous number of online companies available, how can consumers possibly compare the different rates to find the best available price?
It’s smart to shop coverage around occasionally due to the fact that insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the best rates for IS 250 coverage a year ago you can probably find a better price now. Don’t believe everything you read about insurance coverage on the web, but I’m going to show you a bunch of ideas how to put money back in your pocket.
Pieces of the Lexus IS 250 insurance rate puzzle
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better insurance coverage rates.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your Lexus. A few examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The higher the amount you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive for IS 250 coverage.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are a ton of extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Things like vanishing deductibles, accidental death and motor club memberships are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- Pay less if you’re married – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on insurance coverage. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature than a single person and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Lexus IS 250 scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Sex matters – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Both sexes cause accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high insurance coverage rates.
Which Insurance Coverage is Cheapest?
When shopping for insurance coverage there are multiple ways of comparing rates from insurance coverage companies in your area. The quickest method to find competitive 2006 Lexus IS 250 insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
The recommended way to get the best comparison quotes is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This type of form prevents you from having to do repetitive form entry for each company. Filling out one form will return quotes from multiple low-cost companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
Another way to analyze rates requires a visit to each company website and fill out their own quote form. For examples sake, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from Allstate, State Farm and Travelers. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
The least recommended way to compare rates is to waste gas driving to different agent offices. The internet eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the professional guidance of a local agent. Drivers can price shop online but still have the advice of a local agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
Whichever way you use, ensure you are comparing exactly the same coverage information on every quote. If you use higher or lower deductibles then you won’t be able to decipher which rate is best. Quoting even small variations in limits may result in large price differences. Just remember that comparing more company’s prices will enable you to find the best rates.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Lexus could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on their website.
- College Student – Children who are attending college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will bring down your premiums.
For a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts, click here.
Insurance agents can help
When buying adequate coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- What is PIP insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Insurance policy specifics
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as medical services, repair costs for stationary objects and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your 2006 Lexus IS 250.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Frequently these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses like nursing services, funeral costs and surgery. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, falling objects, hitting a bird and damage from flooding. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays for damage to your IS 250 resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
And the best car insurance company is…
While you’re price shopping online, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Affordable 2006 Lexus IS 250 insurance is available on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can save on insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with a lesser-known regional company.
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area