2006 Nissan Altima Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 21, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2006 Nissan Altima are $1,018 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs approximately $160, collision costs $226, and liability costs $474. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $522 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $2,192 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $4,110 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,018
Rate estimates for 2006 Nissan Altima Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2006 Nissan Altima models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range go from as low as $522 for just liability insurance to a much higher rate of $2,192 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences highlight why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare rates using their specific location and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2006 Nissan Altima Insurance
Locating low-cost insurance for a Nissan Altima could be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier. There are both good and bad ways to shop for car insurance so you’re going to learn the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Nissan and obtain the best price possible either online or from local insurance agents.
It’s a good idea to shop coverage around occasionally due to the fact that insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the lowest price for Altima insurance a few years ago there may be better deals available now. You can find a lot of wrong information about car insurance on the web, but we’re going to give you some good information on how to buy car insurance cheaper.
If you have a current insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Finding the cheapest protection is not that difficult. Vehicle owners just need to understand the proper methods to compare rates online.
Why your Nissan Altima insurance rates may be high
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Older drivers save more – Youthful drivers tend to be more careless behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a teenage driver onto your auto insurance can break the bank. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
- Your auto insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers like judges, business owners and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates due to stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations like farmers, engineers and performers pay the least for Altima insurance.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides for a legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse is a sure-fire way to increase your auto insurance rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage might get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more you drive each year the more you will pay for auto insurance. The majority of insurers apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars left parked in the garage can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. If your policy improperly rates your Altima may be costing you. Make sure your auto insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
The quickest way to get policy rate comparisons is to know most larger insurance companies allow for online access to compare their rates. All you need to do is give the companies some data like whether you drive to work or school, if a SR-22 is required, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, and coverage limits. That information is instantly provided to multiple companies and they return rate quotes instantly.
To compare rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
Take advantage of discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount very well, so we break down both well-publicized as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of more than 20%.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10% for Altima insurance.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off for Altima insurance depending on your company.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less for Altima insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on insurance coverage for Altima insurance.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous.
Car insurance companies that may have these benefits include:
Check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not be available everywhere.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- What if I total my 2006 Nissan Altima and owe more than it’s worth?
- Is my 2006 Nissan Altima covered for flood damage?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance coverages for a 2006 Nissan Altima
Knowing the specifics of insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like medical expenses, pain and suffering and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills for things like EMT expenses, pain medications, dental work and hospital visits. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Altima resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like hitting a bird, fire damage, damage from flooding and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Shop around and save
In this article, we presented many tips how you can get a better price on 2006 Nissan Altima insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, denial of a claim, being labeled a high risk driver and even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, switching insurance coverage companies is easier than you think.
Affordable insurance is definitely available from both online companies and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
More information can be found at these links:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,608|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,740|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$63|
|5-yr Claim Free||$64|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$37|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.