Cheapest 2006 Nissan Frontier Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better auto insurance rates for your Nissan Frontier? Shopping for the most affordable auto insurance online can seem to be impossible for beginners to price shopping online. When there are so many companies competing online, how can you effectively compare every company to locate the best price?
Smart consumers take time to price shop coverage once or twice a year because rates change quite often. Even if you got the best deal on Frontier insurance last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of wrong information about auto insurance online, so we’re going to give you a lot of great tips on how to quit paying high auto insurance rates.
Finding affordable coverage is quite easy. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to save some money using this strategy. Nevertheless, vehicle owners should learn how the larger insurance companies market on the web.
Discounts mean cheaper 2006 Nissan Frontier insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every available discount very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized and the harder-to-find insurance coverage savings.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child take driver’s ed class in school.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply in every state.
Compare the Market for Insurance
When shopping for insurance there are multiple ways of comparing price quotes and find the best price. The best method to find the cheapest 2006 Nissan Frontier insurance rates is to get quotes online. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- The fastest way consumers can analyze rates is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This easy form saves time by eliminating a different quote for every insurance company. One form submission gets rate comparisons from all major companies. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A less efficient way to analyze rates requires you to visit each individual company website to complete a price quote. For example, let’s say you want to compare rates from Farmers, Safeco and State Farm. To find out each rate you need to go to every website and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make sure you use the exact same quote information for every company. If you have higher or lower deductibles it will be very difficult to determine the best price for your Nissan Frontier. Having just a slight variation in coverages could mean much higher rates. And when comparison shopping, getting more free quotes helps locate better pricing.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the best insurance coverage coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of insurance aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability insurance covers things like medical expenses, court costs, repair costs for stationary objects, emergency aid and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for things like hospital visits, rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses, X-ray expenses and funeral costs. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hitting a bird, fire damage and a broken windshield. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Be Smart and Buy Smart
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to save on 2006 Nissan Frontier insurance. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on insurance is with a small local company.
Cost effective insurance is definitely available from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
Much more information about insurance is available on the following sites:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area