Cheapest 2006 Toyota Sienna Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 3, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper car insurance rates for your Toyota Sienna? I can’t think of anyone who likes having to buy car insurance, in particular when the cost is too high.
Numerous insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to get the best price available.
You need to get comparison quotes at least once a year because insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the best deal on Sienna coverage a few years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about car insurance online but with this article, you’re going to get the best ways to put money back in your pocket.
Discounts can save BIG
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there are discounts available to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but less common discounts must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% on Sienna coverage with select insurance companies.
- College Student – Kids in college living away from home attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers can save substantially as compared to bad drivers.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall premium however.
Car Insurance Prices
The are a couple different ways of comparing rate quotes from local car insurance companies. The best way to find competitive 2006 Toyota Sienna insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The best way to find low rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This type of form saves time by eliminating repetitive form entry for every car insurance company. One quote request gets you price quotes from many national carriers.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just be sure to compare the exact same coverage information with every price quote. If the quotes have different liability limits then you won’t be able to make an equal comparison. Slightly different coverages could mean much higher rates. And when price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting lower pricing.
Will just any policy work for me?
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Does my 2006 Toyota Sienna qualify for pleasure use?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2006 Toyota Sienna?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
Insurance policy coverages for a 2006 Toyota Sienna
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for bills like ambulance fees, doctor visits, hospital visits and prosthetic devices. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your Sienna from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like rolling your car, colliding with another moving vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Toyota Sienna.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Frequently these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Auto liability insurance
This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims like attorney fees, court costs, medical services, pain and suffering and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hitting a deer, falling objects, vandalism and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
We just presented many ways to save on 2006 Toyota Sienna insurance. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the most savings is with a small mutual company. Smaller companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Discount insurance is available online and also from your neighborhood agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
More detailed auto insurance information is located in the articles below:
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area