Cheapest 2007 Ford Expedition EL Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper insurance rates for your Ford Expedition EL? Nobody looks forward to buying insurance, particularly when their premiums are through the roof. Multiple insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies to find the absolute lowest rate
If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can follow these tips to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. Consumers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to compare prices over the internet.
Verify you’re getting all your discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about prior to getting the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for better insurance coverage rates for Expedition EL insurance.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less for Expedition EL insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Accident Waiver – A few companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of insurers with the best insurance coverage discounts, follow this link.
Ford Expedition EL rate determination is complex
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get better car insurance rates.
- Pleasure use saves money – The more you drive each year the higher your rate. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage. If your policy improperly rates your Expedition EL can cost quite a bit.
- With age comes lower rates – Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be more careless when behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Companies provide cheaper rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Always keep insurance in force – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a quick way to bump up your car insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- More people means more accidents – Choosing to live in less populated areas has it’s advantages when talking about car insurance. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – Having a bad credit score is a huge factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have poor credit. Therefore, if your credit rating is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2007 Ford Expedition EL by improving your rating.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes cause accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young males tend to get in the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
When should I talk to an agent?
When it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do drivers who switch really save $381 a year?
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for the lowest price auto insurance by State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads say the same thing that you can save if you switch to their company.
How can each company make almost identical claims?
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver they prefer to insure. An example of a driver they prefer might be profiled as a mature driver, a clean driving record, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile will get very good rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for these standards will be charged a more expensive rate and ends up with business not being written. The ads state “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why insurance companies can make those claims.
That is why it’s extremely important to quote coverage with many companies. Because you never know the company that will give you the biggest savings on Ford Expedition EL insurance.
Coverages available on your policy
Having a good grasp of insurance can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverage types found on the average insurance policy.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as structural damage, medical services, loss of income and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for EMT expenses, prosthetic devices and doctor visits. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, falling objects, hitting a deer and vandalism. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Be a penny pincher
We covered many tips how you can lower your 2007 Ford Expedition EL insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the best prices are with an unexpected company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Cheap insurance is definitely available on the web and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped collision coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors affect the cost of insurance for a 2007 Ford Expedition EL?
Several factors can influence the cost of insurance for a 2007 Ford Expedition EL, including:
- Driver’s age and driving history: Younger drivers or those with a history of accidents or traffic violations may face higher premiums.
- Location: Insurance rates can vary depending on where you live, as certain areas may have higher rates of accidents or vehicle theft.
- Vehicle usage: If the vehicle is used for business purposes or has a high annual mileage, it can impact insurance costs.
- Vehicle safety features: Cars equipped with safety features like airbags, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft devices may be eligible for discounts.
- Insurance deductibles and coverage limits: Higher deductibles and lower coverage limits can lower insurance premiums but may increase out-of-pocket expenses in case of a claim.
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 2007 Ford Expedition EL?
To find the most affordable insurance for your 2007 Ford Expedition EL, consider the following steps:
- Shop around and compare quotes from multiple insurance companies to find the best rates.
- Maintain a good driving record to demonstrate responsible driving behavior.
- Inquire about available discounts, such as multi-policy discounts or safe driver discounts.
- Opt for a higher deductible if you can afford it, as this may lower your premium.
- Consider bundling your auto insurance with other policies, such as home or renters insurance, for potential discounts.
- Explore usage-based insurance programs that track your driving habits and offer discounts based on safe driving.
Are there any specific insurance providers known for offering competitive rates on 2007 Ford Expedition EL insurance?
Insurance rates can vary among providers, so it’s recommended to obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies. However, some well-known insurance providers that offer competitive rates and may be worth considering include GEICO, Progressive, State Farm, Allstate, and Farmers Insurance. Keep in mind that the rates can depend on various factors, so it’s essential to compare quotes tailored to your specific circumstances.
Can I reduce my insurance costs by downgrading coverage for my 2007 Ford Expedition EL?
While reducing coverage limits or removing certain optional coverages can lower your insurance premium, it’s important to carefully consider the potential risks involved. Liability coverage is typically required by law, and reducing it too much may leave you financially vulnerable in case of an accident. Additionally, removing comprehensive or collision coverage may leave you responsible for repair or replacement costs if your vehicle is damaged. It’s advisable to consult with your insurance provider to understand the implications and make an informed decision.
Are there any specific insurance discounts available for a 2007 Ford Expedition EL?
While discounts can vary between insurance providers, some common discounts you may be eligible for with a 2007 Ford Expedition EL include:
- Safety features discount: If your vehicle is equipped with safety features like airbags, anti-lock brakes, or an anti-theft system, you may qualify for a discount.
- Good driver discount: Maintaining a clean driving record with no accidents or violations may make you eligible for lower premiums.
- Multi-policy discount: If you have multiple insurance policies with the same provider, such as auto and home insurance, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Good student discount: If you or a covered driver on your policy is a full-time student with good grades, you may qualify for a discount.
- Usage-based discount: Some insurance companies offer discounts for participating in usage-based insurance programs that monitor your driving habits and provide discounts based on safe driving behavior.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area